Adding HBO just for Game of Thrones

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
I'm a Game of Thrones' fan. There are 7 episodes this season.

I'm on the Welcome Pack.

So basically this is my plan. Since there's an HBO free weekend, I'm watching the 1st and 2nd episodes this weekend.

Then next Sunday (July 30) I would subscribe to HBO (I currently have a $10/mo offer for 12 months of HBO sitting in my account when I log in). So the last five episodes I'm assuming would be aired July 30, August 6, August 13, August 20, and August 27. On August 28, I would remove HBO.

So I would have been subscribed to HBO from July 30 to August 28.

Since this is less than one month would this be frowned up by Dish? I remember that Dish used to charge like a $5 penalty if you added programming and but removed it before one month passed. I think I read they don't do that anymore.

Am I right? There would be no penalty if I did this? It wouldn't screw up my bill in anyway?

Since this is less than one month would this be frowned up by Dish? I remember that Dish used to charge like a $5 penalty if you added programming and but removed it before one month passed. I think I read they don't do that anymore.

If worried about the penalty charges for early removal, why not just keep it the extra 2-3 days to make it a full month. At worst, they'd charge you for the extra month initially, then credit you back for all but maybe a pro-rated charge for an extra day into the following month.

More than likely though...if you've been with Dish for some time and they tried to charge you a penalty for early removal, you could probably talk them out of that fee anyways.

Reactions: Tecmo SB Guy
Why not just wait until the free preview is over, and then call Dish and ask if they have an offer to let you get HBO for free? They might still have the offer for HBO for free for six months. (That is the offer that I got. Don't worry about the fact that you only have Welcome Pack. I qualified for the six-month free HBO offer on both of my accounts. One account has Welcome Pack, the other account has Flex Pack.) Even if you can't get the six-month free HBO offer, Dish might still give it to you for free for three months. Even if they only give you one free month, that would accomplish what you want, and there would be no need to worry about early cancellation penalties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)