Adding Ku To My C Band System

Hi Brian,

One more thing...can you check that my settings are correct in the enclosed pictures.
C band LNBF is attached to line 1 of the 22KHz switch and the Ku LNBF is attached to line 2.
Thanks in advance for all your help.:hail

John
2lnb.jpg
1lnb.jpg

The KU LNB type might present a problem when using with a 22KHz switch. Is the KU LNBF a universal type with LO 9750/10600 or a standard type with LO 10750?

A Universal type LNBF on the 22KHz side of a switch should create the signal path to both the correct switch port and the the correct high band LO 10600 to receive 11.7 - 12.75GHz range, but this set-up will likely duplicate scan all KU transponders (correct frequency and an incorrect frequency) and also duplicate the logged services.

Reactions: JFOK
A Universal type LNBF on the 22KHz side of a switch should create the signal path to both the correct switch port and the the correct high band LO 10600 to receive 11.7 - 12.75GHz range, but this set-up will likely duplicate scan all KU transponders (correct frequency and an incorrect frequency) and also duplicate the logged services.
Even when you set it up as a single LOF 10600 LNB, with 22kHz ON?
Why would it duplicate transponders, then? I don't understand.

Greetz,
A33

Hi Brian,

Looking again at my Ku set up I now notice that it should be set up as a standard not universal LNBF.
Thanks for pointing that out.
I want to switch the ports I have my C and Ku lnbfs. Would prefer the opposite set up.
Also, I didn’t set up my diseqec settings yet as I’m working on getting my count to be more consistent. Have to check my dish mover connections out at the dish.
Thanks again for all your help.

John

Even when you set it up as a single LOF 10600 LNB, with 22kHz ON?
Why would it duplicate transponders, then? I don't understand.

Greetz,
A33

Yes, you are correct about defeating the switch point by changing the STB to a single LO type. John had the LNB type set to Universal and the 22KHz ON. That configuration would likely had resulted in a double scan.

I wanted to confirm the type of LNBF before providing the correct set-up instructions for the installed hardware. :cool:

Ah! So you meant "this setup" not generally, with a 22kHz switch setup (as I understood it);
but as the setup how he had already defined it in his receiver (with double LOF for universal LNB).

All clear now!

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: Titanium and JFOK
Brian,

One more bit of clarification please.
You wrote, "Set the band setting to either Band = ON if C-band LNBF is connected to 22KHz ON port or Band = OFF if the C-band LNBF is connected to the 22KHz OFF port. "
By band setting do you mean tone mode and by "on" do you mean the "on" mode or the "band" setting mode ?
Sorry if this sounds confusing.
Thanks in advance.

John

Reactions: Titanium
E2 images use different terms. Yes, for 22KHz port to be active, select Tone = ON.

Don't use the Tone = Band, as this is used for Universal type dual band / dual LO LNBFs.

Brian,

One more bit of clarification please.
You wrote, "Set the band setting to either Band = ON if C-band LNBF is connected to 22KHz ON port or Band = OFF if the C-band LNBF is connected to the 22KHz OFF port. "
By band setting do you mean tone mode and by "on" do you mean the "on" mode or the "band" setting mode ?
Sorry if this sounds confusing.
Thanks in advance.

John

Did you mention if you have, in fact, a universal Ku-LNB; as opposed to a standard LNB?

When you have a universal LNB, and when you want to use the high band part (LOF 10600) of it, that LNB should be on the 22kHz ON side of the switch; and so the C-band LNB on the OFF-side of the switch.
In a universal LNB, the 22kHz is needed for the high band.

For a standard Ku-LNB, however, you can use the ports as you like, as the 22kHz has no function in a standard LNB itself.

greetz,
A33

a33,

Good to hear from you.
I don't believe I made it clear to Brian that I had a standard Ku LNBF (Maverick MK1PLL), my mistake.
I did however, connect it to the powered port none the less. It still needs some tweaking a bit at the dish, to get a good steady signal.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts