Adding New Receiver

rockyl

Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Connecticut
We currently have two legacy receivers connected to a Dishpro LNB. Both receivers have DishPro adapters. We are considering aquiring an HD (possibly DVR) receiver to supply both rooms that currently have receivers and using one of the legacy receivers in a third room. Would we be able to use our dishpro LNB or would we have to switch it to dishpro plus? What type of switches, splitters, etc. would we need to have the new receiver serve two rooms without running additional wires within the walls?
Thank You

The tech that would come out would switch you over to Dish Pro Plus. Depending on your current setup, they might put up a different mount ( depending on LOS) and run new lines off the dish. The two existing lines running to the receivers can be used as long as the cable is rated properly. RG6 is commonly used. You won't have any switches installed or splitters installed either. A diplexor would be installed which will help run the second tv with the Duo Hd Dvr. A new line will need to be ran to the third room your mentioned. Good luck.

From what I've read a DPP44 switch can be used with a Dish Pro LNB. I can use a triplexer to separate the signal to the dual tuner receiver and run the Agile modulated output to the second receiver using the existing single line. The lines from the dish are new as they were run only a year and a half ago. The tech who was out here last time tested the lines . Iknow they're RG6. I think I'm gonna go at it myself since I'm planning on purchasing the equipment outright.

From what I've read a DPP44 switch can be used with a Dish Pro LNB. I can use a triplexer to separate the signal to the dual tuner receiver and run the Agile modulated output to the second receiver using the existing single line. The lines from the dish are new as they were run only a year and a half ago. The tech who was out here last time tested the lines . Iknow they're RG6. I think I'm gonna go at it myself since I'm planning on purchasing the equipment outright.
If you are going to HD where are you going to get the signals for the receiver? You need to upgrade to an Eastern Arc dish that requires VIP receivers.

For HD, you need to do the whole home upgrade for a new EA dish and new recs. Your legacy recs won't work with an EA dish with or without adapters.

For HD, you need to do the whole home upgrade for a new EA dish and new recs. Your legacy recs won't work with an EA dish with or without adapters.
That is why post #2 said to go through DISH you won't save money on the monthly fees by owning over leasing and with the protection plan installation should cost $15 with no cost for the dish.

Thank you for your replies. The situation is this:
I'm planning on moving within the next 3-4 months so I'm not really intersted in a whole house upgrade. Maybe after I move and buy a larger plasma. So I have two legacy receivers and want to ad a third receiver because we have a temporary guest in our home. We do have a smaller HD tv in our bedroom so I was looking into buying a Duo HD receiver for the two rooms that already have a receiver and using one of the other ones in the guest room. I'm running the cable for the guestroom this weekend and I'm planning on using a dpp44 switch and a triplexer/ diplexer setup to use the duo receiver. I have all RG6 cable and have read the docs for the switch/triplexer/diplexer that say they are compatable with my current equipment.

Thank you for your replies. The situation is this:
I'm planning on moving within the next 3-4 months so I'm not really intersted in a whole house upgrade. Maybe after I move and buy a larger plasma. So I have two legacy receivers and want to ad a third receiver because we have a temporary guest in our home. We do have a smaller HD tv in our bedroom so I was looking into buying a Duo HD receiver for the two rooms that already have a receiver and using one of the other ones in the guest room. I'm running the cable for the guestroom this weekend and I'm planning on using a dpp44 switch and a triplexer/ diplexer setup to use the duo receiver. I have all RG6 cable and have read the docs for the switch/triplexer/diplexer that say they are compatable with my current equipment.

If I could get you to PM the account # I can look into that for you. Usually a Duo HD receiver runs about $199 if it's purchased. An upgrade may be available based on your account, though it requires a 24 mo commit and cost is based on the account itself. As you have legacy equipment though, even if purchasing the 222 you most likely would need to have a HD dish upgrade anyway.

My personal recommendation, if you're ok with commitment, would be to do the WHUP, and get the equipment you're looking for that way you have it ready for when you get the new Plasma. HD receivers can broadcast SD. Again that's just my personal recommendation :).

Again, all I'm looking for is a simple yes or no whether a new receiver with the equipment I mentioned will work with my DISH500.
I AM NOT GOING TO DO A WHOLE HOUSE UPGRADE at this time as I will be moving and I do not want to schedule an appointment with a service tech or commit to 24 months. Please no more offers or suggestions to upgrade. I am not to concerned with receiving HD right now, I've been receiving standard def for some time with my HD TV. I just wanted a description of what I would neet to make a hookup to a third tv with my Dish Pro LNB. If I connect both wires to a DPP44
and connect the single receiver to the DPP44 and the duo receiver to the switch with a triplexer/ diplexer setup. From what I've read in their product descriptions it should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)