Adding PanSat 3500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
My current setup includes a 10" BUD, a Motorola 450i analog receiver and a BEC DB6600+ digital receiver. I plan to add a Ku Winegard 76CM Satellite Dish and a PanSat 3500S digital receiver.

What is the best way to utilize all of this equipment for the best viewing possible?

Help!

If you don't plan to motorize your Winegard, I'd park it at either G-10R (123w) or IA-5 (97w). If you buy a H-H motor such as the SG-2100 ($75-$80 shipped), you would be able to move the Winegard to track the entire satellite arc and hit many FTA satellites.

I'd also definitely look into splitting the output from your 10' BUD and running a line from that into a switch (to select between your Winegard and the BUD) and attaching that to your FTA digital receiver. There's plenty of FTA DVB up there in C-band...

The Pansat receivers will control the polarity motor on your BUD as well :)

3500s

I already have an H-H 2100. Do you know where I can find instructions on how to set up all three receivers and what splitter I will need? Any help will be appreciated.

You will want to split the output from your C-band LNB using a 2 GHZ splitter. Don't use one of the cheaper 900 MHZ models. It would be a good idea to put a DC block on the leg that goes to your digital receiver as well. From there, go into a DiSEqC switch with one split, DC-blocked output from the C-band as well as your output from the Winegard. Take the output from the DiSEqC and run it into the LNB in on your SG-2100 motor. Out from motor to your Pansat receiver.

You will have to set up your Pansat to control the DiSEqC switch depending on which dish you're getting programming from. Polarity on the C-band will still be controlled by your Motorola, which is probably the way you want to keep it for now. No need to connect the Winegard to the Motorola.

There are other ways you might hook everything up, but the above is what I'd do.

Thanks for the info. Will make the setup the way you said as soon as I get the Winegard up. We will see how it works. I will wish for the best.

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts