Adding Satellite to Viewsat Extreme

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Want to add AMC9 to my Viewsat but cant get it to go. I know theres gotta be a way to add but not quite sure. Thanks

Don't think the extreme is that much different from the Ultra. Here's how I do it :
Installation-Channel Scan, hit OK, then down-arrow to highlight the line that starts with EDIT TP.
Arrow-right until it highlights ADD SAT, push OK..ARrow right again until RENAME lights up, hit ok to get the keyboard to rename it to whatever you want. When done , F2 saves it, then EXIT out. Go to Satellite setup then to set the parameters, switch positions etc for that satellite (be sure the one you added is the one showing in the title bar)
If not exact, then the extreme you have should be pretty close. They DO hide the dang ADD SAT thing in a funny place!

Last edited:
Thanks Turbo that did it. Actually pretty easy now that I see how to do it. Thanks again

Bummer I scanned AMC9 and the channels are all locked out. Oh well at least I learned something today

Well if you got scrambled channels that are 'locked out' then you prob hit Nimiq instead of amc9. I think its right next door to AMC9. During the week you might find a couple of NBC news feed channels, sometimes the color bars are up and you can lock in on it. Vertical side, if I remember correctly. Try between 3-5pm central time =should find something.
edit to add> here's a couple of transponders I have saved on amc9
11768 V 4232SR V4130 A4131 P54
11750 V 4232SR V241 A244 P241

Last edited:
Yep I noticed at the top of my antenna settings it says Nimiq. Is AMC 9 exactly at 83 degrees. Thanks for the transponders I'll add them in tonight when wifey goes to sleep.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)