Adding Satellites to Coolsat 4000 Pro

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I don't see this one posted before. When you hit the SAT button on remote, the only satellites that come up are those that have at least one channel logged, so you can't get to new satellites from that menu. When you go to dish and motorized setup and select the satellite you want to add, the "moving" ticker comes on, but dish does not move. I can see it not move and when you select the satellite it was last on, it comes back immediately. So it is not moving. So what I have been doing is adding or selecting an active transponder on the satellite I want to add, then manually moving (via remote) the dish using the <<east>> button (or west, depending on where it is relative to where I'm at) from a logged location. I'm using USALS at this point, by the way. This has worked so far, once it locks in, I go ahead and scan for channels, and since it finds them, it now pops up on my SAT list and I can go to it from then on with no problem. I also switch to 1.2 and save the location. But as you see, this could get tedious if I want to satellite surf for new satellites (don't do it much, but want to solve this problem anyway). Is this just a bug with my setup, or do others have the same issue? My cabling goes straight to the motor, then switch, then lnb like its suppose to. I don't remember having this problem the last time I fooled with adding sats, but that was a long time ago.

sounds like a glitch. AMC2 I have no channels logged but a couple transponders (AMC2 is tough in MN to pick up) so I get to 83 or 87 (I pick a chanenl on 83 or 87) then go in and blind scan AMC2. The dish moves to it and scans.

If I go through the menu, it shows "moving to AMC2" but it seems to "freeze" on that screen on my 5000. I just back out to the blind scan screen and all is well :)

For a while I leave one "feed" in the box for that satellite so the dish moves to the correct satellite

I have the exact same box. Good suggestion is download yourself a copy of Channel Master software for editing and get an interface for sending the updated channel/satellite list to you CS 4000. Trust me, editing the 4000 on my computer is the best thing since I was told about FTA. Make sure your satelllite list is in order of degrees to keep the confusion away from the motor.

Motors love to get confused easily, they operate on a DC voltage basis and some small firmware. Take good care of that motor!

I'd love to fool with the channel software, but its kind of a pain to disconnect the unit and take it over to the computer. What I need is a cheap laptop...

I was trying this again last night and I think my problem was I had not properly set my switch settings in the first menu (Dish Settings, maybe?). After doing this I went to the second menu (Motorized Settings, maybe?) selected the satellite and USALS and it appears to have moved to where it needed to. I blind scanned and got a bunch of channels, seems to be good now.

I got no issues. I've posted a list for the Coolsat of all the satellites in order from 61-148 once before :)
I had a list somewhere posted of most of the 24/7 English channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)