Adding Second TV

lamp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Tennessee
How would I add a second TV? There used to be a TV at that location. There is a barrel connector where the TV was connected. This connector location is between the dish with two LNB's and the receiver. I don't know how it was connected there. See pdf.

There was always only one receiver with a second remote control. She still has the second remote control.

Attachments

• SECOND TV.pdf
    58.3 KB · Views: 183
You would add diplexers at the 222 and at the barrel connector location. You second TV would be SD only...

To make the connection at the barrel connector, looking at a picture of a diplexer, I suppose the Sat port is connected to the wire coming from the dish. The TV port is connected to the 2nd TV. And the in/out port is connected to the wire going to the receiver. Is this correct? I will try adding a diplexer at the barrel connector first and see if that works.

There is already a diplexer type part at the receiver.

Thank you for the help

If that diplexer type part at the 222 is connected to the 2 satellite inputs it is not a diplexer, it is a combiner. That allows both tuners to get fed from 1 coax. You would need a diplexer at the 222 also connected to that single coax feed the combiner.

I am trying to do this for a friend. There is no hurry for this. I will try to get a picture of the part behind the receiver. It does feed to the two satellite inputs. I printed out that second diagram. It should be helpful. Thank you for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts