Adding Traffic

ScooterS

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 14, 2003
The Sirius/XM trial on my new Ford C-Max expired. I got a good annual deal on getting "Sirius Select."
I now would like to add my Sirius Traffic back. Any suggestions on how to get the best price? What is the best price for traffic??

Isn't the Traffic only like $2/month?

I live in a rural area where we're slowed down more by tractors and an occasional cow or sheep getting loose and standing the in middle of the road, then by other motorists, and work less then 12 miles from home where my morning commute can only be interrupted by an ill timed train. So I really have no need for Sirius traffic on an everyday bases. I used it when I happened to be out of town when they had a free trial of it, and was not really impressed. I was more impressed with the Travel Link service and kept it on my wife's Expedition as she loved it. That I think only costs me $2 a month, and I thought the real time traffic was the same. I currently have it as free trial on an Escape that a relative who lives with us for the time being just bought and I find the UI of the traffic (and really everything else) to be cumbersome on MyFord Touch when compared to the previous generation of Sync. This is coming from an extremely loyal and vocal fan of both Ford and Microsoft, I cannot believe what a huge turd MyFord Touch is.

They have 4 parts:
- Sat Radio (various packages)
- Travel Link (Weather, Fuel Price, etc)
- Traffic
- Internet Radio

I've bought a radio subscription for about $100 per year. Travel Link is included with the car for a few years.
I'm looking for the least painful way to add Traffic, which pops up on my GPS as well as Internet Radio.

I see prices on the web, but wonder if others have done better. Traffic alone is $4/month.

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Sat...52220031&p=1283881521774&pagename=SXM/Wrapper

I didn't think it was that much, I find it kind of strange they change double for traffic then they do for all of the infotainment stuff included in Travel Link.

Good luck getting it at a lower cost. I've always been more then satisfied with satellite radio, and have always paid the going rate since I feel it's more then worth it. I have never had a desire to call up, and haggle. Sirius All Access on my Sony A/V Receiver for $19, plus All Access on my Navigator for $13 and All Access and Travel Link on the Expedition for $15. The NHL and Opie Radio are way too important to me not to have the top package, plus I stream using the SXM app most of the day at work and so does my wife. Between the two of us, between the app and satellite listening at home and in the car, we probably listen to SXM 25 hours a day, if not more combined. Even at full retail pricing, and the extra royalty fees, it works out to be 7 or 8 cents an hour. Hell yeah I'll pay 8 cents an hour for something we both get a lot of enjoyment out of.

Here is the issue

Monthly pricing is based on combining with an active SiriusXM satellite audio subscription. When subscribing to these Infotainment services without an active SiriusXM satellite audio subscription, a minimum Annual subscription plan is required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts