adding tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevinran

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
If I buy a directv reciver and hook it up to the outlet in my bedroom does it have to be activted by dtv?

Just call Directv at 1-800-531-5000 to activate.

Run guided setup and put unit on channel 100. "you must have picture and sound before calling Directv to activate!"

Matt

PS: If you never had Directv in that room before you will probably need a tech to hook up an extra line to the dish for you.

Last edited:
If I buy a directv reciver and hook it up to the outlet in my bedroom does it have to be activted by dtv?

yes, each access card has to be activated and I think, but don't quote me, the cost for the extra box is $4.99 a month

Provided the bedroom is the 2nd box on the account.
IF it's the first, the $4.99 does not apply.

Jimbo

I'm presuming he's taking the other end of this outlet and connecting it to his sat dish or MS.

Jimbo
Yeah i assume that too. No reflection on the OP, but there are some people out there that think hey, i can just plug this into the power outlet and get programming im sure.

thanks guys, I should have been more clear I live in a highrise w/ a central system, the coax plug in the bedroom is live, what if I had a box w/ a card that was activated for the living room?

thanks guys, I should have been more clear I live in a highrise w/ a central system, the coax plug in the bedroom is live, what if I had a box w/ a card that was activated for the living room?
yes you would still have to activate that box. Each one must be

if a box has been activated before and you just want to move it from one room to another , that you can do that as many time as you want, just plug and play... for any new receiver you might want for future use its not on the account showing as active.. then yea you do have to activate it before use

if a box has been activated before and you just want to move it from one room to another , that you can do that as many time as you want, just plug and play... for any new receiver you might want for future use its not on the account showing as active.. then yea you do have to activate it before use
+1. i assumed it was a different box. If you just want to move one, thats fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackout

Pass-thru mode on HR20?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts