Addition of ESPN ruined my life.

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I took 2 hours off from work to be home and see "Enterprise" in HD from the very beginning. I got home- turned on the VOOM box and no signal! I looked outside and the antenna had been moved. Well, I spent 35 minutes moving and fu--ing with that damn antenna. Finally I gave up and resigned myself to watvh the TIVO"d version later. I then realize NOTHING IS WORKING WITH VOOM. I unplug and reboot, interestingly I see ESPN on ch 8-15 and I turn to ch 59 and "ENTERPRISE " is there--rock solid. So, all the downloads andchanges for the addition of espn probably caused the lack of signal for ota. If I had rebooted at 8:01 rather than 8:40 I could have seen 59 hd minutes rather than the 20 I saw. Live and learn!!!

mattyro said:
I took 2 hours off from work to be home and see "Enterprise" in HD from the very beginning. I got home- turned on the VOOM box and no signal! I looked outside and the antenna had been moved. Well, I spent 35 minutes moving and fu--ing with that damn antenna. Finally I gave up and resigned myself to watvh the TIVO"d version later. I then realize NOTHING IS WORKING WITH VOOM. I unplug and reboot, interestingly I see ESPN on ch 8-15 and I turn to ch 59 and "ENTERPRISE " is there--rock solid. So, all the downloads andchanges for the addition of espn probably caused the lack of signal for ota. If I had rebooted at 8:01 rather than 8:40 I could have seen 59 hd minutes rather than the 20 I saw. Live and learn!!!

........huh?

mattyro said:
...So, all the downloads andchanges for the addition of espn probably caused the lack of signal for ota....

All what downloads and changes? Are you saying you now have something new on your STB that shows all the ESPN channels?

Well, the addition of ESPN has enhanced the lives of thousands of other Voomers.

I thought you were going to say that your life is ruined because you will be home watching Voom and ESPN all day or something. Maybe you should take a nap instead mattyro, your post seems like you are a little frazzled.

It's not like they never repeat Enterprise, give it a week or two, it'll be on again. Our UPN shows it Wed and repeats Sunday.

hahah. ok ok why are we laughing people? our fellow voomer only got to watch 20 mins of enterprise :( lets have a moment of silence

*moment of silence*

k enuf back to laughing. :D :D :D