Additional 622 for $99 Upgrade Information....

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish Network just sent a facts blast to all of its retailers about the 622 upgrade.

Looking it over quickly it appears that if you would rather OWN your 622 then lease it to WAIT. Looks like they are about to come out with a promotion where you can upgrade and OWN your 622.

Here is the memo which was sent out...

Good things come to those who have waited! The $200 Equipment Return Credit for swapping a model 921 or 942 DISH Player DVR receiver for a ViP622 DVR has arrived!
Effective April 1, 2006, customers with an HD DVR (model 921 or 942) receiver will be eligible for a special offer as part of the DISH’n It Up promotional program. By paying the upfront $299.99 fee and upgrading to a ViP622 DVR, participating subscribers may be eligible to receive a $200.00 Equipment Return Credit if they return their 921 or 942 to DISH Network. With the $200.00 Equipment Return Credit, the net upgrade fee for the ViP622 DVR is only $99.99. ($299.99 upfront upgrade fee – $200 Equipment Return Credit = $99.99). Standard DISH’n It Up promotional program retailer economics apply. Please refer to the Business Rules on the Retailer Care Site under Info Center à BUSINESS RULES à Existing Customer Promotions à DISH’n It Up Promotion.

Here’s how the $200.00 Equipment Return Credit works:
· Customers will have the opportunity to swap their existing receiver for a ViP622 DVR (HD/MPEG-4) receiver for just$99.99 ($200.00 Equipment Return Credit off the current price of $299.99).The $200.00 credit will be applied to the customer’s billing statement after their model 921 or 942 receiver is received by DISH Network.

o Customers must pay the $299.99 upfront upgrade fee and return their 921/942 receiver to DISH Network within 60 days of activation of the ViP622 DVR receiver. A $200.00 credit will be applied to their account within approximately six weeks from the date DISH Network receives the 921 or 942.

o If a credit balance results on a customer’s account, no billing statement will be sent until a balance is owed to DISH Network. Customers will be notified by DISH Network through the mail once the $200.00 credit has been applied; they will also be able to check their account on www.dishnetwork.com.
- Please note that customers who receive the $200.00 Equipment Return Credit for an owned model 921/942 receiver will not be eligible to receive the $25.00 credit for exchange of an owned receiver otherwise available under the DISH’n It Up promotional program.

· Please do not take the customer’s 921/942 receiver or return it on the customer’s behalf, even if the swap is performed in the first 180 days. Leave the 921/942 receiver with the customer. The customer will receive a box in the mail with a shipping label and instructions about how to return their receiver to DISH Network to receive their credit. Upon DISH Network’s receipt of the 921/942, a $200.00 Equipment Return Credit will be applied to the customer’s billing statement.

· For those customers who require an HD antenna upgrade as part of the DISH’n It Up promotion, the promo code RETANTUPG must be provided before the promo code RETDIU. Please make sure to provide the RETDIU promo code to the Customer Service Representative in any case.

· Coming soon: We are evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who would like to participate in the $200.00 Equipment Return Credit and upgrade to a ViP622 DVR but who prefer to purchase their equipment as opposed to leasing it. We are also evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who have multiple HD receivers today and wish to upgrade them all to ViP series/MPEG-4 receivers. So stay tuned!

Thanks for Supporting DISH Network!

Attachments

• Important Notice - $200 Equipment Return Credit - 033106.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 277
· Coming soon: We are evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who would like to participate in the $200.00 Equipment Return Credit and upgrade to a ViP622 DVR but who prefer to purchase their equipment as opposed to leasing it. We are also evaluating a promotion targeted to customers who have multiple HD receivers today and wish to upgrade them all to ViP series/MPEG-4 receivers. So stay tuned!

Sounds interesting

Maybe they are going to come up with a deal for those of us with non-DVR HD receivers who want a 622! If they really want to get all non-MPEG4 HD receivers out of the stream in one year they are going to have to do some wheelin' and dealin'.

No from what I now know this means for those who don't want to take their owned 921 / 942 and trade it in for a leased 622 there will be a deal where you can trade your owned 921 / 942 for a 622 which you own instead of lease.

I am sure the price will be higher and there will probably be some sort of subscription requirement, but I know many folks would rather own their 622 then lease it.

Will Dish only give out the $200 rebates if the order is placed through them? Seems like they will be really sticking it to independent retailers if that is true. Who is going to buy a 622 from dishretailerwhoever.com for $650 when they can get it directly from Dish for $450?

Scott, I feel your pain. :(

yeah I know the dealers get screwed again...

But from where I sit this is a consumer site and we are here to help consumers. With that said SHOP DishStore.NET for all your Dish Network needs. :D

BTW I am hearing some rumblings that if you want to OWN the 622 and trade in your 921 or 942 that the cost may be $499 and then there will be a rebate of $200 bringing the cost down to $299. There will also be a programming commitment of 18 months of the HD bronze package or better. But this way you will OWN your 622 instead paying to lease it. (I should note that this is just a RUMOR and may not be the official rules of the promotion when it is announced.)

For your sake I hope they are lowering the MSRP so that you can stay competitive.

Thanks for passing this along, Scott. Although I don't own a 921/942 it might almost be worth it to buy a used 921 on Ebay to take advantage of this deal should it happen.

That would be a decent deal to own, so let's hope it holds out to be more than a rumor.

Also doubt you will see many for sale if that hold's true.

The dealers will probably be able to offer the promotion since they can offer the lease deal, the problem is with the low margin and the time it takes to upgade someone its not worth it to the dealer.

If you went to someone like DishStore they COULD give you the deal for $299 (then you would need to get the rebate) however they would need to charge you something for shipping and handling so in the end it could cost your more then $99 when all is said and done. (And that would not include any dishes or switches etc...)

Lease Fee? Warranty???

Hello quick question...

What is the fee to lease a Vip622 monthly?

Does that price include a warranty if the receiver was to go out?

Or would I have to pay an additional fee for warranty coverage?

Thanks,
Rich

:confused:

Scott Greczkowski said:
The dealers will probably be able to offer the promotion since they can offer the lease deal, the problem is with the low margin and the time it takes to upgade someone its not worth it to the dealer.

If you went to someone like DishStore they COULD give you the deal for $299 (then you would need to get the rebate) however they would need to charge you something for shipping and handling so in the end it could cost your more then $99 when all is said and done. (And that would not include any dishes or switches etc...)

You mean that $99 covers installation including switches and a Dish1000 if needed? How can they do that and make any money? Sure they lock you in for 18 months but if you have the minimum HDBronze pack, no locals, and no movie channels, they are only getting just over $50/month from you. That HDBronze pack is, what, $42/mo? If that is the case they are getting a total of $972 over 18 months, plus the original $99, thats $1071. How can they be making money on that?

You mean that $99 covers installation including switches and a Dish1000 if needed?
I believe this is what happened for those who ordered 211's or 622's when the price was $299 for the 622 or $99 for the 211.

This is a question that needs to be answered.

Can anyone tell me if there's any advantage in owning, vs. leasing?

Basically, from what I can see, if Scott's numbers are right you'd pay an extra $200 to own a 622 instead of leasing it (if you turn in a 921/942).

But you'd still need an 18-month commitment. And all you'd save is the $6/month lease fee?

What am I not seeing here? Pride of ownership? The ability to resell the thing on Ebay?

Scott,

Any "rumor" details about multiple hd receiver upgrade? I was willing to call tonight at midnight but I would get stuck with an oldie 811 in the bedroom and either have to wait 12 months or buy a new one. But if theyre going to offer 611/211 package or something, I'll wait. Not in a huge hurry anyway. I've waited 3 months so far. Any details?

Folks I feel this is a big issue as I know a lot of people would rather OWN their 622 then lease it. I encourage all SatelliteGuys members to spread the word before we see a lot of upset folks here on Monday saying they didn't know that there was the possibility of Dish doing an upgrade promotion for 921/942 owners to trade their units in for a 622 and be able to own it.

Again please spread the word...

Thank you!

Airblair said:
But you'd still need an 18-month commitment. And all you'd save is the $6/month lease fee?

This is correct you would not have to pay the lease fee.

What am I not seeing here? Pride of ownership? The ability to resell the thing on Ebay?
Some people paid $999 for their 921's they don't like taking their receiver which they paid $999 for and turn it in for equipment that they no longer own and that they would need to pay a lease fee for it.

Some people may feel the lease deal is the way to go.

I just want people to be informed and make the decission which is best for them.

An informed consumer makes better decissions. :)

rvanya said:
Scott,

Any "rumor" details about multiple hd receiver upgrade?

If you are trading in a 921 or 942 for a leased 622 then you can trade in all of your owned 921's or 942's for 622's. You will pay $299 for each of them, however you will get a $200 credit on your account when they receive your 921's or 942's back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)