Additional Receiver Charge

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
My October bill is now posted and, conveniently, the 522 fee was NOT waived. I called in and they said that it should automatically remove the charge when it "calls home" but it has been plugged in ever since it was installed. They said that if it doesn't remove the charge that they would have to contact another department to remove it.

Anyone have experience with this problem?

Since I never trust one CSR's version of the story, I called back and was told that if the receiver cannot get through EVEN ONCE, the fee will be charged. I've noticed a couple of times that, while on the phone, something clicked in which was most likely the receiver. It must be connected to your phone line but you make sure you don't use that phone line.

The fee was credited to my next bill which I don't like since I have to pay it now to get it back later. And, I'm sure it will show up again on next month's bill. Then, chaddux will be pissed.

You're playing CSR roulette - have fun with it. I hope you know that that last bit about "even once" is total manure that the CSR pulled out of their own butt.

Where do these turkeys get these ideas anyway? This isn't just bad training, it's a total lack of understanding not just of the technical part of the business, but that it would be a public relations nightmare if that were actually true. :no

I dont know what to believe. I'll find out more later when I call again.

Right as always, Simon. ;)

Tech support said the receiver will hang up if the line is busy and try again later. As long as it does not have an extended period of failure, the fee should not be charged. We also tested the receiver while on the phone and we both heard it click-in and try to call so it is working. Prorated fee removed (which I don't like but it was only .33). Last night, one CSR issued a credit for my November bill which I "conveniently" forgot to mention today. Hopefully, it will show up as well.

I've determined why the fee was charged (no thanks to DISH). I found that the 522 will display when the last connection was made and mine shows 9.18.04. I am also getting a lot of connection failures (mixed with successes) when I test it. According to DISH, this is most likely NOT a software problem. Guess it will soon be time for my first replacement!

It connected! Interestingly, it connected Oct 18 with the last time being Sept 18. Perhaps if you aren't ordering PPV, it only connects once a month?

Jahntassa said:
Nope, mine calls in over my Vonage (which is amazing, since it's VoIP), and i've never gotten the 522 fee..well, other than the DVR fee.

But do you purchase PPV?

Fishbelly said:
Last time my 522 connected was 9/24, so I checked my bill. Sure enough, I'm being charged the extra receiver fee as well. Grrrrr . . . . :mad:

Today is the 24th. Check to see if it connects today. If it does, my point will be proven. Also, do NOT let the charge stand and do NOT let them give you a partial refund for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)