Additional Receiver Charge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

billybill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I have been thinking of adding an additional HD Receiver. I am already paying the $6 additional tv charge, if I add an HD receiver do I pay a $10 advanced receiver fee in addition to the $6 or in place of?

I have been thinking of adding an additional HD Receiver. I am already paying the $6 additional tv charge, if I add an HD receiver do I pay a $10 advanced receiver fee in addition to the $6 or in place of?

Every receiver beyond the first one is $6.00. If you have more then one DVR you only pay the DVR fee once.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

The advanced receiver fee is for hd service which is for the account, not by the box. As Andrew pointed out, the dvr charge, which is different, is also by the account, not the number of dvrs.

So, the OP is asking about adding an addl. HD Recvr, so he already has HD service, so the $10 HD fee is already taken care of., the only added fee for him would be the $6 recvr fee.

IF the sub has an HD DVR already, he's already paying the DVR fee as well, so any addl dvrs would not add any other fee other than the $6 recvr fee.

Now that this is clear as mud....

If you have questions, feel free to ask, I think everything is covered by Chip and Andrew though.

$10 fee for DVR regardless of amount of DVR's on account
$10 HD fee (buyt can be waved with auto pay sometimes)
$6 extra receiver fee

Similiar question, current setup, genie and 1 client,

Current charges
25 advanced receiver fee(genie)
6 additional tv (client)

Nowhere on the bill is 10for hd that i can see,

Cx wants to add a box with an owned rid and card, r22.

So this would be a dvr, and should get hd since the account has hd equipment.

Will the cx be charged 6 or 10 for the "dvr" since his only receiver is a genie.
Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

The $25 advanced receiver fee includes $10 for hd. If you don't have mrv, which is also in the $25 advanced fee, then they charge separately for hd.

This has me thinking.........................We have a HR24 and a D12 on our account. I am taking our D12 to the vacation place next week. If I call DTV and have a tech come out to upgrade the D12 to a HD receiver will I have additional charges per month or will I be in trouble for not telling them that I am moving my second receiver for 5 days. I'd like to get another HD receiver (don't really care if it is a DVR) but don't want to pay extra for it. Any thoughts?? Am I describing this well enough?

The charges will be the same if you exchange the D12 for an hd receiver. You may have to pay an up front charge to get the box, but the monthly charges will be the same.

O.K. not terribly concerned if I get into another 2 yr contract since we are not going to anyone else. Just wondering if I am asking for trouble if I call up dtv and ask to upgrade my D12 since I will not be at the service address--although there is service at that address. Having said all that, in exchange for another 2 yr commitment is there a chance that they might just give me a new box OR, am I just better to buy one (new) from a dealer and activate it online??

Thanks!!

If you are going to be at your vacation house, they won't bring the new receiver there. Why not wait until you are back home and get the new hd receiver then? Unless you want it right away, you might as well wait.

If your equipment is considered "customer ownded" and not "leased" then there is no commitment. You may need to pay 20 for a new access card ontop of the fee for the box you end up with.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

But getting actually Owned equipment is not easy.
99% of the sales, being ebay, craigslist or online vendor are "Leased" even though you are paying for it up front.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts