Additional Sports with Choice Xtra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chudgins63

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
If you go to Directv.com and click on Packages, Compare Packages and Channels (View & Print), you'll see all 4 options listed. For my zip code (37220), Choice Xtra shows FSN Cincinnati as a RSN with that package but does not show it comes with Choice. I subscribe to Choice Xtra but do not get FSN Cincinnati. When I called D*Customer Support, they told me it was a mistake on the website and I still had to subscribe to the SportsPak to get the extra RSN.

I wonder if this is a change that is coming as a result of the price increase and the possible demise of the SportsPak because it's so freakin' worthless??

I don't find the package worthless. Many times it allows me to view college games not seen on my RSN. Also I subsribe to NHLCI, Gameplan and MLBEI. This gives me a lot of HD options otherwise not there.

If you like a lot of College Football choices Sportspak is definitely worth the $$. I watch more college football game via out of market RSN's (most in HD) than I ever watch on that terrible SD Gameplan.

If you like a lot of College Football choices Sportspak is definitely worth the $$. I watch more college football game via out of market RSN's (most in HD) than I ever watch on that terrible SD Gameplan.

+1. I was a GP subs since '99 until this past season. It wasn't worth it to me, just for an occasional ABC/ESPN "reverse-mirror"game availibility. The new SEC TV contract opened up more games on the RSN's and with the BTN feeds, that was enough for me to drop GP. If all of the GP feeds were HD, it would have been a lot tougher choice.

+1. I was a GP subs since '99 until this past season. It wasn't worth it to me, just for an occasional ABC/ESPN "reverse-mirror"game availibility. The new SEC TV contract opened up more games on the RSN's and with the BTN feeds, that was enough for me to drop GP. If all of the GP feeds were HD, it would have been a lot tougher choice.

I think I'm done with it as well. I really only get it for the occasional out of region UT games on ABC & I think that I've only watched 2 UT games on GP the last 2 years. The majority of games they offer are WAC (many of which are also on Altitude w/sportspak) & Sunbelt with the occasional ACC or Big East (which are also on SNY) game thrown in. The PQ is just awful, even by SD standards.

Let's get back on point, the virtues of SportPak not withstanding, the point of my post was that there seems to be some confusion with D* on secondary RSNs. Secondary RSNs give you all the sports that come with the channel, both pro and amateur. In my market of Nashville, TN, FSN Cincinnati is my secondary RSN and when I subscribe to the SportsPak, I get all of the Cincinnati Reds baseball games on channel 661.

From the looks of D*'s website, I should now be getting FSN Cincinnati with my subscription to ChoiceXtra that appears in the channel listing for that package. It doesn't show FSN Cincinnati for the Family or Choice packages and my question is - will ChoiceXtra subscribers now get their secondary RSN as part of their base package and not have to subscribe to SportsPak to get it. My call to D* denied this from the support desk but I wonder if it's coming as part of the price increase.

Maybe? They do this in my area now. I get MSG, MSG+, YES & SNY with any package. With Choice Extra I also get STO & with Premier I get FSN Pittsburgh (though I only get Indians & Pirates games on those channels, other pro sports are still blacked out).

Let's get back on point, the virtues of SportPak not withstanding, the point of my post was that there seems to be some confusion with D* on secondary RSNs. Secondary RSNs give you all the sports that come with the channel, both pro and amateur. In my market of Nashville, TN, FSN Cincinnati is my secondary RSN and when I subscribe to the SportsPak, I get all of the Cincinnati Reds baseball games on channel 661.

From the looks of D*'s website, I should now be getting FSN Cincinnati with my subscription to ChoiceXtra that appears in the channel listing for that package. It doesn't show FSN Cincinnati for the Family or Choice packages and my question is - will ChoiceXtra subscribers now get their secondary RSN as part of their base package and not have to subscribe to SportsPak to get it. My call to D* denied this from the support desk but I wonder if it's coming as part of the price increase.

You may be right about the price increase, but I doubt it. It is most likely a mistake on the website. I have heard of it before. There are areas where the higher level package gets you more rsns.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)