Status
Not open for further replies.

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
I don't know if I or someone hit something, but it is like my address bar is locked. If I type something in and hit return or the GO button, nothing happens.

I can go to pages with links, but not being able to type and surf really sucks.

Sorry, I should have mentioned its a laptop.
I've tried rebooting once, maybe I'll do a complete shutdown and wait a little bit before starting up again.

Oh laptop....

It is obvious you can type here, so the URL field of the browser is the only place you can't type? What O/S and browser and versions?

Win xp with sp2, IE 6.0.2900.2180

I can type it in the URL field, but thats it.
Turning off the computer completely hasn't helped.

What happens if you type in the full URL, such as http://www.satelligeguys.com ? I ask since 'something' recently happened on one of my systems as home that I need to type the full URL, if I just type www.satelliteguys.com and press enter/go nothing happens.

I don't know the fix to get it back to the way it was before, might have to pay MS their $'s if I can't find the setting soon.

rad said:
What happens if you type in the full URL, such as http://www.satelligeguys.com ? I ask since 'something' recently happened on one of my systems as home that I need to type the full URL, if I just type www.satelliteguys.com and press enter/go nothing happens.

I don't know the fix to get it back to the way it was before, might have to pay MS their $'s if I can't find the setting soon.

Typing the full URL works, so when I get some time I'll try the fix I mentioned in the previous post. Let me know if it works for you.

At least I can now surf a little!

angiodan said:
Typing the full URL works, so when I get some time I'll try the fix I mentioned in the previous post. Let me know if it works for you.

At least I can now surf a little!

I did the regedit that the Microsoft article mentioned for the HP software conflict and all is well again. Thanks for point that out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)