Address Bar Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
I don't know if I or someone hit something, but it is like my address bar is locked. If I type something in and hit return or the GO button, nothing happens.

I can go to pages with links, but not being able to type and surf really sucks.

Sorry, I should have mentioned its a laptop.
I've tried rebooting once, maybe I'll do a complete shutdown and wait a little bit before starting up again.

Oh laptop....

It is obvious you can type here, so the URL field of the browser is the only place you can't type? What O/S and browser and versions?

Win xp with sp2, IE 6.0.2900.2180

I can type it in the URL field, but thats it.
Turning off the computer completely hasn't helped.

What happens if you type in the full URL, such as http://www.satelligeguys.com ? I ask since 'something' recently happened on one of my systems as home that I need to type the full URL, if I just type www.satelliteguys.com and press enter/go nothing happens.

I don't know the fix to get it back to the way it was before, might have to pay MS their $'s if I can't find the setting soon.

rad said:
What happens if you type in the full URL, such as http://www.satelligeguys.com ? I ask since 'something' recently happened on one of my systems as home that I need to type the full URL, if I just type www.satelliteguys.com and press enter/go nothing happens.

I don't know the fix to get it back to the way it was before, might have to pay MS their $'s if I can't find the setting soon.

Typing the full URL works, so when I get some time I'll try the fix I mentioned in the previous post. Let me know if it works for you.

At least I can now surf a little!

angiodan said:
Typing the full URL works, so when I get some time I'll try the fix I mentioned in the previous post. Let me know if it works for you.

At least I can now surf a little!

I did the regedit that the Microsoft article mentioned for the HP software conflict and all is well again. Thanks for point that out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)