Status
Please reply by conversation.
angiodan

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
I don't know if I or someone hit something, but it is like my address bar is locked. If I type something in and hit return or the GO button, nothing happens.

I can go to pages with links, but not being able to type and surf really sucks.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Try rebooting the PC after securing the keyboard connector, may be a keyboard error.

angiodan

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
Sorry, I should have mentioned its a laptop.
I've tried rebooting once, maybe I'll do a complete shutdown and wait a little bit before starting up again.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Oh laptop....

It is obvious you can type here, so the URL field of the browser is the only place you can't type? What O/S and browser and versions?

angiodan

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
Win xp with sp2, IE 6.0.2900.2180

I can type it in the URL field, but thats it.
Turning off the computer completely hasn't helped.

rad

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
What happens if you type in the full URL, such as http://www.satelligeguys.com ? I ask since 'something' recently happened on one of my systems as home that I need to type the full URL, if I just type www.satelliteguys.com and press enter/go nothing happens.

I don't know the fix to get it back to the way it was before, might have to pay MS their $'s if I can't find the setting soon.

angiodan

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
rad said:
What happens if you type in the full URL, such as http://www.satelligeguys.com ? I ask since 'something' recently happened on one of my systems as home that I need to type the full URL, if I just type www.satelliteguys.com and press enter/go nothing happens.

I don't know the fix to get it back to the way it was before, might have to pay MS their $'s if I can't find the setting soon.

Typing the full URL works, so when I get some time I'll try the fix I mentioned in the previous post. Let me know if it works for you.

At least I can now surf a little!

rad

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
angiodan said:
Typing the full URL works, so when I get some time I'll try the fix I mentioned in the previous post. Let me know if it works for you.

At least I can now surf a little!

I did the regedit that the Microsoft article mentioned for the HP software conflict and all is well again. Thanks for point that out .

Status
Please reply by conversation.