Status
Please reply by conversation.

asousa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 8, 2004
Stoughton, MA
Will all this talk of NESN HD I am very anxious to get the 5lnb...here is my question.

I am in the Providence RI market even though the town next to me is in the Boston market. My GF lives in boston, is there anyway I can "move" to her house so I can get the 5lnb? Does D* have to come to the house to get the 5lnb? Any thoughts???

Yep

Setup an install at her house. Let them bring it over and install it. Yes they have to come over. What a waste, but true.

When they leave, take it and the rcvr to providence and set it up.

Um, they will install the 5 lnb dish in providence even though they dont have locals. Then call directv and have them switch just your service address to a boston address to get nesn hd, seems easier.

Questioner said:
Um, they will install the 5 lnb dish in providence even though they dont have locals. Then call directv and have them switch just your service address to a boston address to get nesn hd, seems easier.

D* will want to do a install at the new address. I got a cool guy at movers connection and let me do the address switch so I did not have to go through the whole mess. Just told the tech to come to the billing address when he called to confirm the install.

Do the HD Spotbeams cover as much ground as the regular locals do right now?

I'm about 160 miles NW of Minneapolis and have no problem with reception of Minneapolis locals (3LNB) but need to know if the 5LNB will work for HD.

I was at my old place 45 miles out of the DMA and recieved the Pittsburgh HD locals on my AT-9 with no issues. My camper is 80+ miles from the DMA and I get the SD channels perfect.

Big Dog said:
Do the HD Spotbeams cover as much ground as the regular locals do right now? I'm about 160 miles NW of Minneapolis and have no problem with reception of Minneapolis locals (3LNB) but need to know if the 5LNB will work for HD.

Distance is of little concern, its all in the zip code. You can use the locals search tool link below; it will show SD & HD LIL availability based on the service zip code. Granted at some distance you wont be covered, but some beams are huge, and some are small so the zip is the more precise tool.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/localChannels.jsp?assetId=900018

The AT9 could still be nice to have when new HD national channels come on you will at least have the dish already, and all the current programming will still come in just fine.

think it will reach to Erie?

Do you think the HD footprint reaches to Erie? About 100 miles North of Pittsburgh? I hope so.

VIPERS-PIT said:
I was at my old place 45 miles out of the DMA and recieved the Pittsburgh HD locals on my AT-9 with no issues. My camper is 80+ miles from the DMA and I get the SD channels perfect.

Questioner said:

Why would they do the install at my current address if it would do me no good. Is there anyway to get this dish with going through them? I prefer to do installs myself. Will a place like VE have the dish?

is this the dish?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Direct-TV-HD-06...2QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32841QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
ok, so my only difficulty will be getting the address changed without them coming to the house to actually check it....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)