Adelphia Cable Is Great

Tallywhacker

Original poster
May 25, 2005
:D
I've been reading a lot of negative things about Adelphia, but I for one am a very satisfied customer. I had DirecTV for 7 years, but switched to cable when I was unable to get high speed internet and DirecTV together.
I loved DirecTV but really wasn't happy with the HDTV offerings or the quality of HDTV. I considered VOOM, but decided not to change.
Anyway......my point is that Adelphia provides the best HDTV offerings currently available, an HDTV receiver with a hard drive that records in HDTV, and I have been extremely pleased with the Adelphia service I have received in the Northern Virginia / D.C. Suburbs. So....whats not to like?
I just wanted to post a VERY POSITIVE review of ADELPHIA Cable and the quality of their HDTV, based on my personal experience so far.

Pleasant vibes to all!

Tallywhacker

Welcome to the forum, Tallywhacker!

I am amazed with the progress Adelphia made (in my local area) over the past 18 months or so! A year and a half ago they didn't have a single HD channel and now they offer 18! They also have true Video-on-Demand, HD DVRs, all local channels including community channels not available anywhere else. I just wish they offered VOOM channels too!

Tallywhacker said:
:D
I've been reading a lot of negative things about Adelphia, but I for one am a very satisfied customer. I had DirecTV for 7 years, but switched to cable when I was unable to get high speed internet and DirecTV together.
I loved DirecTV but really wasn't happy with the HDTV offerings or the quality of HDTV. I considered VOOM, but decided not to change.
Anyway......my point is that Adelphia provides the best HDTV offerings currently available, an HDTV receiver with a hard drive that records in HDTV, and I have been extremely pleased with the Adelphia service I have received in the Northern Virginia / D.C. Suburbs. So....whats not to like?
I just wanted to post a VERY POSITIVE review of ADELPHIA Cable and the quality of their HDTV, based on my personal experience so far.

Pleasant vibes to all!

Tallywhacker

I AGREE... I dont miss Voom as much as I thought I would. The Adelphia HD is as good as if not better than Voom ..(love INHD and INHD2).

I like the HD DVR; etc. I am a happy customer.

Adelphia HD was not available to me when I joined Voom.

Adelphia has improved their technology and services over the past 18 months, but it's like taking a rusted-out 1974 Datsun B-210 with 300,000 miles, slapping on a gallon of bondo & changing the spark plugs, and trying to pass it off as a new car; it's still broken-down, ugly, and backfires at every traffic light. Sorry! But I have been working with my local cable commission for the past five years and I could write volumes of information concerning Adelphia mismanagement...in fact, I have in complaints to the FCC and local cable commission.

I am not bashing Adelphia and, in fact, I have given them numerous opportunities to serve my family over the years...they just keep failing miserably. I wanted them to succeed and I wanted them to provide reliable and economical services to the community! I am still an Adelphia customer. I have had their broadband service for almost 5 years because they are the only broadband provider in my area - I am 1/2 mile too far from the Verizon switch. Comcast will be taking over my particular area and Verizon will be running Fiber to the Premise next year. I am glad to hear you are having a good experience with Adelphia, but they will not be missed in my neighborhood.

No doubt their high speed internet is awesome. I cancelled directv about two years ago and signed up with adelphia when the county i live in signed a franchise agreement with them. Up till then cable stopped about a mile and a half my house because the adelphia wizards always said they couldn't bring it over a bridge going across the interstate. Then suddenly came the franchise agreement and adelphia the rest of the way down the road i live on. This was in 2003. They offered good deals,got everyone signed on and has raised the rates almost 10 bucks for basic cable since. Maybe someone else has had better luck with adelphia, but not here in east Tennessee. Switching to directv soon btw.

I really like HD. I love having the locals that Adelphia offers. Until Directv offers locals in HD, I will probably remain. It is my understanding that Time Warner will be taking over this area. Hopefully, they will be offering a greater selection of HD channels. I really do not think there is a major difference between satellite and cable. The DVR that Adelphia offers in this area works great! I miss Voom!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts