adfly advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
This certainly is annoying on the forum now and I wonder if it is a bug or something ... don't recall it in teh past. Constant clicking and now the back button does not work because of the number of new "things" being sent. If you look at the drop down back links there are a bunch of them just to get back to the first page of the topics .... seems odd?? I have 7 now in just this short time for this post.

If you see an ad that misbehaves or doesn't seem appropriate to you, please take a snapshot of it and email it to helpme@satelliteguys.us
We don't have much control over which ads the ad agencies display on the banners, but we can always request specific ads to be removed.

Moving this post to the proper forum section.

There are no inappropriate adds. It is the frequency of them on a page to the point that the back button does not take you back to the original start point.
adfly.jpg

There are no inappropriate adds. It is the frequency of them on a page to the point that the back button does not take you back to the original start point.
View attachment 73780

Well, if you think it's an ad doing that, then it has to be a specific ad (or a group of ads).
Perhaps that Comcast ad at the bottom of your screenshot?
Most of the ads do not cause the automatic refresh like that.
I just logged out, so I could see some ads too, and I was unable to reproduce your situation.
I don't get multiple entries of this thread in the browser history.

A general suggestion: clean up your browser cookies. That may prevent some ads, which are based on your browsing history, from showing up again and again.

It is indeed a refresh from your site loading new adds about every 15 seconds. My SW culls the cookies ever hour or so except for the ones I mark to protect.

I use Firefox and that may be an issue but it started only recently. Hotmail is the only other site that does this.

I do not get multiple entries of the thread in the history either since this appears to be a refresh .... got 12 while typing this response!

I don't use Firefox. Perhaps that's why I am not seeing the same issue.
Ok, I'll have someone else from the staff look into this.

I find the refresh very annoying. It drives my browser crazy (I'm using a work laptop and we're not supposed to change things) and it's the only mboard I know up that does it. I now avoid this mboard cause of that and only learned of this thread from a PM on the "other" mboard about it. Is the refresh really necessary to annoy some visitors?

It is indeed a refresh from your site loading new adds about every 15 seconds. My SW culls the cookies ever hour or so except for the ones I mark to protect.

I use Firefox and that may be an issue but it started only recently. Hotmail is the only other site that does this.

I do not get multiple entries of the thread in the history either since this appears to be a refresh .... got 12 while typing this response!

Its not going to change sorry.

What is strange is it only does it on some versions of some browsers. But in the majority of browsers I have tested it in it works like it is supposed to. I contacted the ad agency about it and there reply back was to inform users to use the latest version of their browsers.

Its not going to change sorry.

What is strange is it only does it on some versions of some browsers. But in the majority of browsers I have tested it in it works like it is supposed to. I contacted the ad agency about it and there reply back was to inform users to use the latest version of their browsers.

sounds reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)