Adios DirecTV-Thanks Everyone Here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most of what you have written is true. However, Directv sends out what they get in, 1920x1080 for the hd channels, anyway. Dish downrezzes theirs to 1440x1080.

When it comes to resolution that is true (from what I read), I think he meant the added compression though. Which is different (which you probably already know)

Just to add my two cents...I left DISH because I could no longer stand their watered down HD-Lite (aka DishHD-Lite, TuboHD-Lite, AbsoluteHD-Lite, etc.). I loved their HD DVR (still have three 622s sitting in the closet), but I like eye-popping and not eye-pooping HD. My neighbor and one of my friends have D* (Sunday Ticket fans) and, in my opinion, their HD is superior to E*...it's not at all a bad HD experience and, to be honest, a lot of it is comparable to FiOS HD since the programmers broadcast a lot of sub-par HD to begin with. However, when HD is done right (on the programmer's side) it clearly is a much better product on FiOS than it is on D*. Of course, some people swear to me that their DISH HD looks just as good as FiOS HD...and there are some people who will tell you the Sirloin at the Western Sizzlin' is just as good the Prime Rib at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Go figure! While I'll agree that D* HD is superior to E* HD, I just want to be clear that FiOS HD is superior to D* HD...and we won't even get into SD (if anyone still watched it) since there is no comparison between the two. ;)

I don't doubt the superiority of FIOS hd, and I definitely know that Ruth's Chris is better than most anywhere else!

There was a notice from AT&T left in our neighbourhood that uVerse is no longer available for technical reasons. We dumped them about a month ago due to spotty internet. ATT aka SBS is mostly a money hungry monster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.