Adios Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, they need to stop giving free NHLCI to people who call Customer Retention to complain about VERSUS.

This is a huge problem that must be fixed.

Wheres the problem? I personally have no problems with this as it is a positive customer services. Now if they extend your commitment to do this there would be an issue that needs fixed.

Wheres the problem? I personally have no problems with this as it is a positive customer services. Now if they extend your commitment to do this there would be an issue that needs fixed.

The problem is this site gives ZERO recognition when Directv does something for their customers.

This would be all over the front page if it was DISH.

The problem is this site gives ZERO recognition when Directv does something for their customers.

This would be all over the front page if it was DISH.

You said that it was a problem for Directv for giving it away. You then turn it around to say the problem is with this site. Where is the problem?

People also have to understand that when Dish had problems, Scott called them out on it also.

Right now it is all true and sometimes the truth hurts.
I agree. if i thought different i would say so since scott doesn't ban anyone for speaking their mind within the rules.i also remember scott in the podcast giving praise to directv many times and the way it was managed. in his words " not much news to report on directv since it's run as a well oiled machine. they seem to know what they're doing down there unlike charlie who seems clueless." his words not mine ;). as long as it's the truth i say keep bringing it,like it or not.

Last edited:
You said that it was a problem for Directv for giving it away. You then turn it around to say the problem is with this site. Where is the problem?

I agree. I think there is "no problemo" with the site, only with those who would seek to censor, control or legistlate what goes on the site. I find that the statistical numbers of positive and negative views is helpful to me. I searched in vain for any member or site requirement to "recognize DirecTV", or for that matter, Megan Fox, who I'd rather associate with than DirecTV. It has always seemed to me that most members were fairly even handed and descriptive when posting, and they usually have good facts to back up their opinions.

I have recently given as much 'recognition' as I could to D*, just not in a completely positive way. Here's some positive and negative to put 'on the front page.' Picture: B, Sound: A, Hardware: A, Software: A-, Customer Service: C-, Pricing: D, Policy concerning commitment fees and service termination: F.

As always, here and elsewhere, other opinions will vary. I like this site, and this thread notified us of a significant problem we had with D. Thanks.

No problemo here.........

Dish isn't in the clear here either. They also seem to say that a new leased receiver has a 1 year warranty. You can get the service contract to extend.

WHY SHOULD WE EVER NEED TO DEAL WITH REPAIRS ON EQUIPTMENT WE DO NOT OWN ?

This is absurd. What if it's an HDD failure and I just want to swap in a new HDD. Wait, I can't because I do not own the box (but yet I am liable for the repair).

It's jut become a way to suck more money.

Dish isn't in the clear here either. They also seem to say that a new leased receiver has a 1 year warranty. You can get the service contract to extend.

WHY SHOULD WE EVER NEED TO DEAL WITH REPAIRS ON EQUIPTMENT WE DO NOT OWN ?

This is absurd. What if it's an HDD failure and I just want to swap in a new HDD. Wait, I can't because I do not own the box (but yet I am liable for the repair).

It's jut become a way to suck more money.

The service contract mainly deals with repairs to the coax/connectors,dish/LNBs and multiswitches,alignments with both providers because when they install these they are yours you own them.As for the receivers when they go bad you just exchange them.;)

However I am in firm agreement that after any customer has been in the provider's camp for more than two years the contract requiremnts should not exist any longer unless maybe you upgrade to a totally new system.

Not sure about just two years, but placing tiers on +5, +10, +15, etc..... customers would be an excellent PR move & I did suggest that move when I was dealing with the corporate side last year over the accidental blackout rules of Sunday Ticket when games go long. I felt special getting that stupid DirecTV visa looking card (with your account number & special number to call) & think it would be a great idea to send those out as your business relationship with DTV grows.

Have you tried the ellen.filipiak@directv.com e-mail address? She's the VP for customer care, if you haven't tried that address I'd recommend giving it a shot. It's similar to the CEO address for Dish that folks use when they can't get their CSR's to fix problems.

I AM SHOCKED!!!!!

I sent an email to that address immediately after you posted it. I had an issue with my replacement DVR now re-upping me for 2 years even though I have been on the Protection Plan. Lo and behold! At 1PM PDT my cell rang and it was a wonderful woman who identified herself as "Theresa" and addressed my email completely. My account has been restored to the original date (which means I owe them no time) and all is well. She even made sure TWICE before we disconnected that I was happy with DTV and asked if there were any other issues I needed addressed!

BRAVO!!!! Looks like they are listening in El Segundo and Colorado!!! :up

I cannot thank you enough for posting that email address!

I AM SHOCKED!!!!!

I sent an email to that address immediately after you posted it. I had an issue with my replacement DVR now re-upping me for 2 years even though I have been on the Protection Plan. Lo and behold! At 1PM PDT my cell rang and it was a wonderful woman who identified herself as "Theresa" and addressed my email completely. My account has been restored to the original date (which means I owe them no time) and all is well. She even made sure TWICE before we disconnected that I was happy with DTV and asked if there were any other issues I needed addressed!

BRAVO!!!! Looks like they are listening in El Segundo and Colorado!!! :up

I cannot thank you enough for posting that email address!

Yea, when you deal with her she makes things happen. I'm surprised the 'waiving of long-term customers' contract requirements didn't gain any traction over at corporate.
I was shocked as you were when I received the same call early Monday morning after the Sunday Ticket issue.

Last edited:
VICTORY! and Thanks

Many thanks to Scott and everyone for valuable advice and email addresses! I used all the weapons and got the bogus service commitment removed! Magic.

While it is not D*'s "policy" to charge for a replacement unit under the repair plan, I have received numerous replies and emails to the effect that D* routinely does it-e.g. makes a convenient "mistake" when new receivers are activated under the repair plan and activates the service commitment, requiring the unwitting consumer to jump through hoops to get it removed.

Fortunately, you all have advice which eliminates some of the hoops. This whole thing has left me with a bad taste in my mouth from DirecTV, but good feelings about the support from members here.

Many thanks for the help!

Respectfully,
The Camper

Fortunately, you all have advice which eliminates some of the hoops. This whole thing has left me with a bad taste in my mouth from DirecTV, but good feelings about the support from members here.

Many thanks for the help!

Respectfully,
The Camper

I quite agree! In the past month I was once again reminded how hard it is to get things done...and done correctly when you have to deal with CSR's and service techs. It has not been good for my blood pressure at all!

That said. I am now sitting fat and happy with some credits, an upgraded DVR and free CI for the season...all without a 2 year service agreement extension! Hopefully, I will not have to deal with customer service @ DTV for a long time.

I cannot thank all of those here enough who offered advise along the way and got all my issues settled. :hatsoff:

Reading the experiences of several people in the last few days as opposed to the stories of the last few months make me very interested in the 3rd quarter results for DirecTV. I have a suspicion the numbers for DirecTV will not be near as pretty as they have been the last several quarters. I base this only on what I have read here and at other sites and my own anecdotal experience when I canceled DirecTV approximately a month ago.

When I took my receiver return kits to the Fedex store in the Central Business District of New Orleans, I found it quite interesting that the only stacks (2) of boxes behind the counter were DirecTV return kits, and including my two boxes (1 double and 1 single) there were 5 doubles and 4 singles. I commented about that to the clerk who replied that they have been shipping a "bunch of those boxes lately".

Now this anecdote may be nothing more than the fact that DirecTV is doing a lot of owner installed upgrades or it could very well mean nothing at all, but I did find it quite interesting, given the recent surge in posts of people having problems with DirecTV's customer service.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts