Adios Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
on the baseball issue you can sign up online which is great you can watch game anytime you want and skip to any inning. Only thing is need to hook up pc to tv which by now everybody should be able to.
Directv how is it possible to force you to 2yr commint to replace defective hardware is this true

on the baseball issue you can sign up online which is great you can watch game anytime you want and skip to any inning. Only thing is need to hook up pc to tv which by now everybody should be able to.
Directv how is it possible to force you to 2yr commint to replace defective hardware is this true
It happened to me last week. :(

The lack of new HD chnnels was annoying but tolerable.. I really didn't blame D* for Versus because of camcast greed. HOWEVER TRYING TO FORCE ME INTO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT BECAUSE I NEEDED TO REPLACE A DEFECTIVE HR20 WAS RIDICULOUS. I found i could get a better DVR, more HD and Versus from their competition free free free

Don't forget to close the door on your way out.. thank you drive thru :up

Bingo! There should be a law about being entered into a contract without your knowledge.
agreed
and involving you in a contract just because you replaced a defective dvr is also BS! i'm afraid to make any moves right now with D* on equipment or whatever. even if i was not going anywhere, there are just certain things that shouldn't require an extended commitment. i've always understood with dish and directv if i upgrade my equipment with them that this will involve me in a new contract. but the point is i decided to extend my commitment, not them without informing me.

No they dont force you into new contract, they just add them on without telling you.

If you have the protection plan they ''will not''
extend your contract.

Always get the coverage.
I found that with direcs DVRS the coverage has come in very handy.

Sorry not the best dvrs on the market these days..But they will do for the NFL ticket.

Seems strange to here that they are extending contracts on broken equipment. Maybe it was the fact that my H20-600 overheated & melted leaving me out of the auto-extension, but I'm not going anywhere anyway so no worries. I never knew the protection plan protected you from the extensions, thanks for the info.

it's posts like these http://www.satelliteguys.us/1972684-post45.html
that have me worried. yes i know i have no plans to go anywhere anytime soon but tying down folks to contracts over remotes or other accessories is ridiculous. right now i'm not sure if by the end of the year i'll have a job. what if i can't pay?i would have to come up with a ridiculous amount of money to pay my way out of a contract i never agreed to in the 1st place. and before anyone says "you should be aware of what actions will result in a new or extended contract" i am well aware of what triggers a contract. but some of the excuses D is using to extend contracts is unacceptable.

So what can u do for that not to happen
before making any moves always double check with directv. we know that replacing defective equipment without a protection plan will trigger a contract, upgrading or adding new receivers or dvrs will trigger a contract. even adding an old dvr or receiver will trigger a contract which i find ridiculous.

before making any moves always double check with directv. we know that replacing defective equipment without a protection plan will trigger a contract, upgrading or adding new receivers or dvrs will trigger a contract. even adding an old dvr or receiver will trigger a contract which i find ridiculous.

Replacing leased equipment will (should) not result in a contract extension, neither will buying a remote or AM21. Replacing an owned receiver that died without the protection plan WILL result in a new contract extension.

If you have the protection plan they ''will not''
extend your contract.
That is completely not true, last December I had my third H-2Xgo bad and had to add on the service plan to get someone out to fix it ( still in my first year of contract ). Three months after replacing it I had to deal with a billing issue and that was when I found out that they (Directv) had extended my contract an additional year. I have had to call three times now to get this corrected on my account so that I can end service in February 10 instead of December 10.

That is completely not true, last December I had my third H-2Xgo bad and had to add on the service plan to get someone out to fix it ( still in my first year of contract ). Three months after replacing it I had to deal with a billing issue and that was when I found out that they (Directv) had extended my contract an additional year. I have had to call three times now to get this corrected on my account so that I can end service in February 10 instead of December 10.

Guess it's a YMMV since I had the PP and have replaced STB's (a H20, R15 and HR22) and none of them caused an extension.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)