Adios Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goober

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2005
The lack of new HD chnnels was annoying but tolerable.. I really didn't blame D* for Versus because of camcast greed. HOWEVER TRYING TO FORCE ME INTO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT BECAUSE I NEEDED TO REPLACE A DEFECTIVE HR20 WAS RIDICULOUS. I found i could get a better DVR, more HD and Versus from their competition free free free

Well this is what a forum is for specially this forum and considering the way direct has been going lately with its customer service it's definitely fitting if the op was already on a contract.

So far over the last few months neither provider has added any real HD. Yes Dish added NFL RedZone HD but thats only6 hours a week of new HD its not a 24/7 channel.

I don't blame you, you shouldn't have to have a new contract to get something replaced since they went to the lease program, if you really wanted to stay with D*, you could have gotten out of it I'm sure.

Just wondering if you currently don't have Dish how do you know it is a better DVR? It has its pro's and con's just like any of the DVR's on the market.

Hope that the switch works out for you.

I would say that if your use to the DirecTV DVR, that you would probably like DirecTV's DVR better because its something you know.

Going between services is quite a learning curb.

I feel "censored.":rolleyes:

Again...

Are you sure they are "forcing" you into a new contract?

I would say that if your use to the DirecTV DVR, that you would probably like DirecTV's DVR better because its something you know.

Going between services is quite a learning curb.

I have had both the HR series as well as the 622. Both have features that I do not like about them. I personally like the HR better as I don't have to share tuners between rooms. That is a personal preference as I know many love this feature. I live with the slower response time to keep a DVR in each room.

The lack of new HD chnnels was annoying but tolerable.. I really didn't blame D* for Versus because of camcast greed. HOWEVER TRYING TO FORCE ME INTO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT BECAUSE I NEEDED TO REPLACE A DEFECTIVE HR20 WAS RIDICULOUS. I found i could get a better DVR, more HD and Versus from their competition free free free

Hope you don't like Baseball.

And dont we have another thread about this going on?

You just want the forum to fill up with this kind of threads just to fill you up huh?

And dont we have another thread about this going on?

You just want the forum to fill up with this kind of threads just to fill you up huh?
Would you rather have this forum censored to only show positive tree hugging touchy feelly hippy love for direct?

Just out of curiosity, where did he say he was switching to Dish? Everyone assumed but he said their competition. D* is competing with E*, Cablevision (TWC), and Fios all three carry Versus. I do know D* needs to add more HD premium movies to keep me interested as well as HD SF...SMH

Just out of curiosity, where did he say he was switching to Dish? Everyone assumed but he said their competition. D* is competing with E*, Cablevision (TWC), and Fios all three carry Versus. I do know D* needs to add more HD premium movies to keep me interested as well as HD SF...SMH

The better DVR gave it away for me.

If Fios &/or U-Verse were available here,I'd try either.But those are two services I'll never see in my lifetime here. I have Charter Cable,& waiting for new services from them is a total nightmare. I bought a CRT HD TV in 2004. Charter did not have HD come to our area until very late fall 2007. I had to rely on an indoor antenna to get only 2 HD channels off air until Charter finally gave us HD.
D* may not have increased their HD programming,but I automatically increased receiving HD programming just by getting them now.
Personally,I don't know ANY service that is pleasing their customers today. Whether it is cable,satellite,new audio/video equipment,or a new car,everybody is pissed off at everyone. Customer service has gone downhill in this nation everywhere & in every industry. Nobody is immune.

HA!..

No!..

I would rather keep it organized..

We have threads about this already why not post your situation there instead of opening a new thread? and clogging up the board..

If you dont like a service nothing is holding you back from going to another company as the OP told us..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)