adios WPIX

In CT, this fight includes Hartford 61. FOX TV & NFC football. I put up an antenna in my attic today. I aimed it at the Empire State Building in NYC. It works, I get FOX5! CV dumped NY5 more than a year ago, in a fight with FOX. There are a few providers of IPTV for ESPN, etc. With this success with OTA, all I need to do is get the Channel Master $350 OTA/QAM-clear DVR and can save $65/mo. I will advise after more testing.

I get it that CV needs to keep these fees under control, but they don't appear to be doing a reasonable job of keeping key programming available OR keeping the cost down. Oh well...

Update. Antenna in attic works great for NY5. Still pricing Channel Master 7400 against Entone's (the latter does firmware for CM and sells its own stuff, too). ESPN on IPTV is still an investigation, too.

It is amazing that Tribune hasn't cracked, either. In the heat of the Election-spending, Tribune is coming up with zero.

Both parties are in some pain.

One more update. Interestingly CV's Channel 500 permits access to September/October FOX shows, even though CV isn't presenting ANY channels that carry FOX. So if you want to watch Bones or any FOX show, you can! I want the football, and that isn't available by this technique.

The World Series

Baseball's world series starts Wednesday night and this bruhahah will clearly cause interruption for CT's Cablevision viewers in New Haven and Litchfield counties (it looks like Fairfield county gets NY5). I just wonder if CV is showing some misfeasance in putting this-segment in a bad-spot when the LARGEST audience (Fairfield County) has Fox from NY5. I am thinking that petitioning the CT Attorney General for a rebate of my substantial cable bill for this misfeasance.

The antenna continues to work, but OTA reception isn't rock-stable for NY5 from my house. NY2 is tremendous, because of their mid-LI repeater station. NY5 is supposed to be getting a transmitter-power boost, but I don't know when it is planned to happen. The CM DVR-alternative is rather good. It can feed my olde slingbox so it provides the CV IPAD app function (which NEVER was sent out for Android).

The CM box did need to be rebooted a couple of times, though. I do have the 'latest' firmware. I also need to do the disk-space boost that I did with my CV DVR. I will report back soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts