Status
Please reply by conversation.

stymie222

Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Iowa
My Direct TV dish elevation setting is for 41.5 degrees, for my zip code

I assume that is from ground level.

How do you readjust that elevation if your dish is 10 feet or more, off the ground ?

Would there be a formula for every foot off the ground ?

On the side of the dish mount is a elevation scale, you set 41.5 on that scale and plumb the mast. Or seeing it sounds like you have no idea what you are doing save time and money by calling for a professional installation.

I have installed my service myself and have had my service for over ten years and know what I'm doing
Tree growth has blocked a lot of my signal recently
If I move the dish to my roof ( 30 feet off ground ) would the elevation settings change ? even slightly ?
Yes- No is all that's needed

Since the satellites are more than 20,000 miles away, the change in elevation angle between the ground and the roof is infinitesimal.

Infinitesimal ????? :D:D:D:D

OP, the elevation will be the same regardless of where you place the dish as long as your in the same area of the country/ city.

Jimbo

:D :D, certainly

Consider a triangle with one side being from the ground to the roof and the other sides from those points to the satellite. There will be a different angle, but the difference will be very small, hence I said infinitesimal (<<<<1 degree). For all practical purposes, it is the same angle, of course.

:D :D, certainly

Consider a triangle with one side being from the ground to the roof and the other sides from those points to the satellite. There will be a different angle, but the difference will be very small, hence I said infinitesimal (<<<<1 degree). For all practical purposes, it is the same angle, of course.

I had just never heard that term is all !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)