about to make the switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bar16

Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
South Jersey
Im currently a comcast customer and have been for years. My bill is insane i am now paying 222.00 dollars a month for the triple play. Im planning on switching to direct tv when i move into my new house next week.

Im kind of torn between plans though the choice xtra with hd dvr is is 54.99 a month and includes hd and hbo shotime and starz for 3 months.

Then there is the premeire package which is 88.99 a month plus 10 for hd. From my understanding all those sports channels are worthless because all the games get blacked out anyway. but it includs hbo and all those type channels but the only channles i really want are hbo and shotime.

my ?? is which one of those plans do u guys think the better deal is? any help would be great thanks!

If all you want is HBO and Showtime, then the Xtra-HDDVR package is the better deal. You get them free for 3 months and then of you keep them after that your bill would be about 80 dollars compared to 98 with the premier.

I switched last March and....

have never looked back. Disregarding the high price of Comcast's triple play, the worst thing about their service for my money was their slock VoIP telephone. I would guess we lost their service at least once a month. The only way I could tell was to pick up the phone and not get a dial tone. Then, it was down to the basement to reset the modem. Pain in the rear. Who knows how many calls we missed not knowing the phone was out.

Thank god we never had an emergency like a fire and then find a dead phone to boot.

Other than price, I don't really see much difference between cable and DTV in regards to video. And I'll have to admit, Comcast wins hands down on the internet.

Regardless, I'm now on the Qwest triple play, 24 HOUR landline phone, DTV and DSL (DSL is OK, but it's not cable). Maybe when my contract is up, I'll slide back to Comcast broadband.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)