Ads in Dishanywhere?

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
I'm not entirely sure if its ads that the channel I'm watching is what I'm seeing? ESPN2 football stream and I'm seeing what I think are ads that Dish is injecting into the stream vs what the channel is really showing thus making me miss plays.
Anyone else seeing this or am I seeing things?

This happens on some channels on my Hopper 3 as well. It’s hard to notice, but if for example I rewind, the ad will usually be replaced by a different ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens on some channels on my Hopper 3 as well. It’s hard to notice, but if for example I rewind, the ad will usually be replaced by a different ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Highly unacceptable for the price I'm paying so basically BS.
I'm going to make a few calls next week and raise hell.
They are either going to lower my bill because of it, make them stop which they won't or pound sand with a lost 20 year customer.
I pay way to much for that BS.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Any provider you go to will have the same thing. Most satellite channels offer the cable or satellite companies local avail time where the cable or satellite company can insert their own ads. They get a few minutes each hour to do so.

Sling TV does it.
YourTube TV does it
DirecTV new streaming service does it.
Your local cable company does it.

Dropping one company and going to another is not going to change that.

Any provider you go to will have the same thing. Most satellite channels offer the cable or satellite companies local avail time where the cable or satellite company can insert their own ads. They get a few minutes each hour to do so.

Sling TV does it.
YourTube TV does it
DirecTV new streaming service does it.
Your local cable company does it.

Dropping one company and going to another is not going to change that.

I guess I'll see... either way I'm gonna demand something off the bill for the nonsense.
The ads are playing thru football game plays and that is highly unacceptable.

I guess I'll see... either way I'm gonna demand something off the bill for the nonsense.
The ads are playing thru football game plays and that is highly unacceptable.

That’s all on the network as they send the go cue to insert commercials. They are coming out of commercial break too soon. The local avail as are for a set time and are not controlled by the provider they are just told when to go and send them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yup, the networks just don't care any more. I basically do not watch sports; but, I can get sports OVER THE AIR (my parents have Dish, I don't) and they will gleefully insert ads during the game, missing plays. They now view the goal to play you ads, and if there's time between the ads maybe they'll let you see some sports.

How about the non-sports channels that roll those stupid moving ad bugs for promoting programming blocking off parts of the screen where the characters are holding something that the audience is supposed to see and like that? REALLY ANNOYING. The moving bug stays on far too long and by the time the bug ends, we have lost the shot of the thing we were supposed to focus on to solve the mystery. Good Grief!

How about the non-sports channels that roll those stupid moving ad bugs for promoting programming blocking off parts of the screen where the characters are holding something that the audience is supposed to see and like that? REALLY ANNOYING. The moving bug stays on far too long and by the time the bug ends, we have lost the shot of the thing we were supposed to focus on to solve the mystery. Good Grief!
Why do they pollute their product? It's like they're trying to tell us we'd like the other show more than the one we're currently trying to enjoying.

Why do they pollute their product? It's like they're trying to tell us we'd like the other show more than the one we're currently trying to enjoying.
Well said! And I bet they do like the other show better because it cost them more than the years old show they are airing at that moment :). Although I've seen them do it on first run shows, too. Oh, and often the big moving bug is a big banner for their STREAMING SERVICE (almost never ending banner bug), so they do like their streaming service more than the linear channel we are watching.