adult channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I was in TN, they have full Nude clubs, and alot of BYOB also. Glad all states are not like that, otherwise this country would be back into the roaring 20's with underground clubs. I say if someone wants to go out and get drunk then by all means let them, if they want to see some women on t.v. let them, we do live in a supposed free country. (very high taxed and very controlling goverment)

As far as I can tell the only reason these adult stations (channels 597,598,599) are blacked out in certain areas is because they show the "money shot". The other adult stations (chs. 591,594,596), which are allowed in these blacked out areas, do not show the "money shot" but do show unedited sexual situations otherwise. So the hypocrits in the areas that black out the XXX channels must think that adults have sex up to the point of climax but stop before it happens. Or perhaps just they have sex like that. It's ridiculous because after all it's not like they're trying to protect kids from watching...I think adults know the facts of life, know what happens during sex, and are entitled to make their own choices as to what to watch. I mean after all it is PPV and costs a pretty penny to view these channels. If a particular adult does not wish to view these channels, then he/she has every right not to purchase them, but that should not prohibit those of us who do wish to purchase these channels from doing so.

The "why" was never in question.

And although I say censorship in this form is wrong; THEY think that they are helping control what can be made available to kids via TV and for whatever reasons they think that not allowing the full act and the anal makes if different OR at least that is how they get around being sued for TOTALLY blacking them out.

good news for those intrested in this thread, as of today, 10/15/07, there are no more blackouts for adult programing!

The viewing of dancers and actual X rated content on TV is different in their eyes; but don't think they haven't been trying (and continue to) try and remove clubs.

Utah is at least one of the notorious 7 and its not in the bible belt; thusly a close majority of the bible belt states DO ALLOW the channels.

I beleive there are 7 states that issue X rated TV blackouts: (please correct me)

1. Utah
2. Mississippi
3. Tennessee
4. Alabama
5. North Carolina
6. ?? South Carolina
7. ?? Arkansas

The attached image is the perceived "bible-belt"

Try living in a state that doesn't allow you to buy beer in a grocery store. You have to go to either a six-pack shop, bar or a beer distributer.:(

ARGH, and glad I drink bourbon. To that point, when we were in AZ we could buy that at the Safeway, but back here in TN I am reminded how regressive the area is, no booze in the grocery and the Sunday blue law.

It just amazes me that I can cross the border to WV. and buy beer in a grocery store or gas station. If it's liqueur you want, you have to go to a state owned store to buy it, never open on Sundays.

and God forbid you get caught crossing the county or state line with it as that is considered rum-running; and of course is against the law - LOL!

I go to the beer distributer or the bar up the road if I only want a six-pack or two. I took my family(6 of us) to IHOP in WV. for breakfast on fathers day(Don't have a IHOP near our house:(), stopped for gas on the way home, couldn't believe all the alcohol in the window.:eek:

When I was in TN, they have full Nude clubs, and alot of BYOB also. Glad all states are not like that, otherwise this country would be back into the roaring 20's with underground clubs. I say if someone wants to go out and get drunk then by all means let them, if they want to see some women on t.v. let them, we do live in a supposed free country. (very high taxed and very controlling goverment)

Not that I really have a lot against any of this, but it might be better. If people had to seek out their vices a little harder it might be a little easier to control the real thugs of society. Just my pov.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)