Advanced Technical Support problems

wtb955

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Northern, CA
Here is the text of an e-mail I sent to ceo@echostar.com complaining about the support I received when I called to address an issue. I cannot believe the depths Dish has sunk to in customer service and support. :mad:

Dear Sir or Madam:
I am having troubles with my 921. The problems include: spontaneous reboots, pixilation, slow response to inputs, remote control problems and audio drops. When I called Advanced Technical Support to work through these issues John (Employee Number 8YV) told me he could do nothing to help me if I was unable to duplicate the problems. He did tell me to switch the power cord to another outlet, inferring that the outlet was bad causing the unit to power off and reboot. I told him the other electrical device plugged into this outlet was working and that the outlet was good. However he was unwilling to troubleshoot further until I had tried another outlet. He also would not transfer me to his supervisor to assist me further. I cannot seriously believe he thinks this is the root cause of my problems. The pixilation, slow response times and audio drops are in no way connected to an outlet problem. This is my second 921; not surprisingly it is in no way better than the first and I never want to see one again! I would consider an upgrade to a 622 but your current and future upgrade path for owners, coupled with the dismal lack of quality (not quantity) HD programming, is an insult to those of us who paid enormous sums of money to own our equipment. As it is, if I cannot resolve this problem, when the Retention Department queries me as to why I am leaving Dish network I will tell them of John’s response to my 921 problem, the upgrade path and poor customer support. I would appreciate someone getting back to me as soon as possible to see if this issue can be resolved.

Sounds like when they told me to put a -10db attenuator between the OTA and the receiver so I could get the EPG for KOVR and KVIE:haha

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)