advantages of 722k receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dummy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I just signed up for Dish after having dropped my service for a while. I had a plain 722 model. Now I have a 722k model receiver. Can anyone tell me the advantages of the k model versus the plain 722? Thanks for any comments!

If you purchase the OTA module for the K, you have two OTA tuners, compared to the 722's one. If not, you have none. The K ships with the latest 20.0 & 21.0 learning remotes which are used for the K's timer and settings back-up, a feature not available in the 722. The K uses a different chipset that some claim give better PQ, though I don't see any difference between them (I have both).

KAB has the main differences. The 722k requires an extra module for OTA channels, but also gives OTa channels on both TV1 and TV2 (722 only has one OTA tuner, and only shows the channels on TV1).

The 722k also has the back up feature, which stores things like timers and settings in the remote.

Other than that, both receivers are just about the same

KAB has the main differences. The 722k requires an extra module for OTA channels, but also gives OTa channels on both TV1 and TV2 (722 only has one OTA tuner, and only shows the channels on TV1).
That is an important distinction that I didn't know when I requested the 722 to save myself $40 ($50?) on the OTA module. I am now slightly regretting that decision not having the OTA channels available on TV2.

Thanks guys, for all the comments. I don't use OTA so it looks like the K model is of limited benefit.

Thanks guys, for all the comments. I don't use OTA so it looks like the K model is of limited benefit.

Errr- no, it is of great benefit. Being able to "back up" your timers so you can "restore" them to a replacement DVR is of great benefit, IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)