Advice on DVR options for new sub

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Phaetos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Here's what I got. A nice 42" HD Mits in the main room and a little 19" SD Magnavox in the bedroom. The Mag will be upgraded hopefully soon. This is what I want. DVR capability for both rooms, HD for both rooms without killing the bank. I thought the 942 seemed like the option that I needed right now. Dual tuners so I can watch 2 different programs on 2 tv's at once, record a show and playback to either tv, with HD out to both tuners. At least that is what I understood. Knowing this, can someone help clear the air here?

yes and no. The 942 will play "hd" shows to outputs but only has coax output for tv two, so you will not get HD in room 2. But nobody makes a box that does HD in two rooms....yet

Jon

j5races said:
yes and no. The 942 will play "hd" shows to outputs but only has coax output for tv two, so you will not get HD in room 2. But nobody makes a box that does HD in two rooms....yet

Jon

I know I won't be getting true HD on the SD set, but the picture should be a little cleaner than SD anyway. At least it was on Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)