Aereo Tv Help?

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
Hello,

I don't know if anyone can help me or not. I used Aereo TV from NYC for the past several months. But today they change they settings on the website and I can't say I'm in the home market anymore like I could before really disappoint. The reason I liked it is because they had Antenna TV my area doesn't carry it at all. I don't know if anyone knows to change my ip to a NYC ip at all or Aereo really made sure you have to be in the home market. Going to miss it I recorded alot of old shows too.

Chris

That's how it's supposed to work. You are only allowed to get local channel's in your DMA. They are walking a fine line with the broadcast networks and want to make sure only people in the NYC DMA get the channels. By FCC rule, they are not allowed to sell you locals outside your DMA. It seems you have been circumventing the system and that's what this company wants to avoid. It's like 'movers" on satellite tv providers. If more and more people do what you are doing it might just give the Networks more ammunition to get this service shut down.

I got it to work I had to clear my cache on my phone now no problem with the Roku. I just can't used my computer now not a big thing.

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)