Aerosmith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are some thoughts about Tyler being replaced. I know this is going to sound random. I'm not interested in Aerosmith without Tyler no matter who they would select to fill in, so I hope they don't. I cannot see Aerosmith without Tyler's singing. Perry was out of Aerosmith for a while, but Aerosmith could not be acceptable to me without Tyler. One group that I shall not mention got a replacement singer and I will not listen to them anymore. I am sure they have put food on the table. I have not even heard the replacement and I would not listen. It would not be listenable to me. I would not even give their replacement singer an audition, but you can puchase this group's music with the new lineup at Wal Mart. AC/DC has been good since replacing Bon Scott. I miss Christine McVie for her vocal role in Fleetwood Mac. I know of two groups with replacement singers that are very good. One is very good because he sounds like the original and that group is highly instrumental, that is Yes. There current itineration is absolutely awesome even without Jon. I saw'em. Foreigner is better than ever now in my opinion. With Kelly Hansen they sound great. I know Peter Cetera was replaced in Chicago and they have been better than ever. I just cannot see Aerosmith without Tylers vocals. Also could not see Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant though Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes was excellent for what it was but it did not pretend to say it was Led. They were only a cover band with Jimmy Page. Also, I almost forgot. I saw a report about this very subject today on E entertainment television that said that Aerosmith was thinking of replacing Tyler, but they were not and that whole group was seen together publicly this week and they showed the picture. I am sure those band members have to put food on the table, but without Tyler they might as well change their name.

but without Tyler they might as well change their name.

This last statement in your post sums up my opinion on the subject. I have no problem whatsoever with them finding a new lead singer IF they change the name. I think trying to continue as Aerosmith would be a horrible decision because it is impossible to replace Steven Tyler. Forming a new group, with a new singer, under a new name, is their best shot at success, in my opinion.

I feel the same way. No Tyler....No Aerosmith.

Seems like a lot of their songs are the same lyrics repeated over, and over, and over, and over, and over...etc...
Dude looks like a lady !!!(repeat 50X)
Janie's got a gun.. (repeat 50X)
Lovin' in elevators !!( repeat 50X)

Those are the recent songs after the post-50 year old rock-n-roll dementia set in. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)