After a week of single digit temps in KY

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm listening to the weather channel as I type this, and if you guys want to feel "sorry" for someone, pity us here in Arizona. We're in for some really tough weather today, Tuscon 78, Phoenix 75, Chandler 72, Bullhead City 65, Kingman (17 miles away) 59. BR-r-r-r.

Photto

Funny man ! My son and his family drove to Michigan from Bakersfield , Ca for the holidays. Stayed with us 8 days, and the kids played in the snow for the first time in their lives. When he drove back , he reported he had snow in every state 'til he got to California. A big belt of cold along US 40 , I'd say.
:)

That L.O.C. IS SOME GOOD STUFF

Gremlin,

It sure is! I use it a lot (buy it by the gallon) and use it for an emulsifying agent in the spring and summer to spray weeds. You need something to break the surface tension of water so that it will coat the leaves of the weeds well and absorb into the pores efficiently. AMway L.O.C. is the best, but any dishwashing detergent works on the same principle, so they can be utilized for the same purpose.

Good stuff Maynard! :)

RADAR

how cold IS it ?

Here in Los Angeles, it's been high 40's by night, and low 70's by day.
So I don't have a lot to complain about.

However, this picture was taken Tuesday morning in upstate New York.
The conditions (if only to prove that this man has cojones de fuego) were 5 degrees Fahrenheit, 30-mph winds, and ice.
Hail the BMW GS!

Attachments

• ColdMotorcycle-2_02.jpg
    ColdMotorcycle-2_02.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 97
Warm in Alaska

It is amusing to see how folks react to colder weather when they are not used to it. To be fair, homes in the South are not built for it, people don't have the clothes, vehicles are not equipped for it, etc.

Up here in Central Alaska, we are having the mildest winter I have experienced in my 20+ years here. Other than one prief period of a couple days (when I was in Oregon) when it reaches -37 or so, here at my house I don't think I have seen -20 yet. It is -10 right now. It has been colder in the northern US than here.

This is a place where it can reach -40 to -70 for weeks on end. I guess the jet stream is mixed up or something. So I say more of the same would be just fine! If we should get through the entire winter without a big cold snap it would be a first.

It is amusing to see how folks react to colder weather when they are not used to it. To be fair, homes in the South are not built for it, people don't have the clothes, vehicles are not equipped for it, etc.
To be fun (and fair) that was what I was saying in my post. We aren't all that used to the weather we're having.

If we were to revise this thread in the middle of Summer, say, July and August, we in Arizona could tell all of you about the 110 to 120 degree weather we are suffering through, but then, our houses are built and clothing IS fitting for that kind of weather, include Los Angeles in some of that, Anole :)

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts