After deleting a show it still shows in the DVR

Chop-Chop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2005
I deleted a few shows and they still show in the DVR folder after being deleted. PTAT is active so I am guessing something is messing my deleting efforts. I will try later again when there is no PTAT. I am using folder views. When I go to edit mode to delete multiple files those shows do not show up. The Hopper and I are confused. :confused:

I've seen something similar to that once or twice but I was able to delete them again and they went away.

I've seen this a lot also. I've found that trying to delete a show while PTAT is recording sometimes prevents the show from being deleted. I'm guessing that the hard drive/OS is too busy recording. I only see this while PTAT is recording.

I have this issue while starting a show while it is in the middle of being recorded and finishing it when all 3 tuners are in use recording other shows. The original program will not delete and still shows in my recordings with the green "playing" arrow on it.

Yep. Looks PTAT is to blame. As soon as PTAT finished all the recordings I could delete the shows without any weirdness

I don't have PTAT but I also have experienced this issue. I have noticed almost if not every time I have experienced this all three of my tuners were recording. If I choose to delete and it doesn't delete I usually choose a tuner, go to the DVR recording and delete it from the My Recordings list. In the end what I think could be happening is that all the tuners are in use and if you don't get the option to choose an active tuner you are still technically accessing the DVR recording causing it to not delete. I can't be positive but that's my theory from the behavior that I have experienced.

For me, it happens whenever all the tuners are active and there is not "live tv" to go to. Just like everyone else, I just wait and delete it later. It helps to have the 100% watched bar to remind me what I have finished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)