Changed my mind. Keeping my VIPs

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Since the D tailgater decision I have come to believe they will never let a plain old VIP be on an account with a hoppa and having an entire separate account for the 612 wouldn't help because the recordings from the 722 wouldn't play in the trailer. The same problem with a 211

Second, I was planning on going hoppa because my 4X4 matrix hdmi switcher died and was so costly to replace. The one I had lists for $850 and was far from perfect. The next cheapest was over a grand from Geffen.

Now I see that I can get good 1X4 amplified hdmi splitter for ~154 from Amazon and two of those would do everything I need to do. Besides the next time there could possibly be enough guest to need a second splitter is December so I can stagger the purchases

The 4X4 was bought to send 722, 612, cable and blu ray through out the house, but I never bought the blu ray and the only thing cable did as bring in local baseball broadcasts and the Padres stink on ice so meh.

There are also the minor irritations of no OTA tuner yet; not being able for one remote to pause or skip through commercials in a single stream through out the house. Something we often do.

Still, I will miss the extra tuners and PTAT (the 30 sec jump is fine for commercials so the hop-skip-thing wasn't a draw.)

Worst part I can't actually do the free upgrade (and showoff the paperwork) I was promised but some folk believe ever happens.:frown:

Last edited:
Since the D tailgater decision I have come to believe they will never let a plain old VIP be on an account with a hoppa and having an entire separate account for the 612 wouldn't help because the recordings from the 722 wouldn't play in the trailer. The same problem with a 211

I can't make sense of that either. What's that capital "D" doing there? The EHD on a 612 will most definitely swap with a 722 (do it all the time).

If I understand him correctly, he uses a 612 for his trailer. He can't have a 612 with a H/J system, so he would need another account for that. Now neither a 612 w/another account or a 211K with a H/J account will work with his current ehd. So he's not going to upgrade and keep what he has. He was originally planning to go with the H/J because it is cheaper to do a WH system with that compared to replacing his 4X4 HDMI matrix box. But he's discovered another option for that too.

I can't make sense of that either. What's that capital "D" doing there?
The capital D is for Dish. E* doesn't make sense anymore.

"Since the Dish Tailgator decision..."

The EHD on a 612 will most definitely swap with a 722 (do it all the time)
And that is what I'll continue to do since I won't have hoppers. If I were to go hopper those EHDs won't be readable in the 211 allowed with hopper accounts. They are differently formatted. And If I start a separate account the hopper EHD recordings won't work in any VIP because they are on separate accounts. And to my first statement, since they allow only a 211 there will never be a way to see hopper recordings outside your house which is the main reason I'll staying with a pair of VIPs.

The wife and I DVR everything we watch and so there are usually 20 - 30 hours worth of back logged programs. When we go camping I transfer 2 or 3 shows per planned day away to an EHD and then when I 've setup the 612 in our camping spot I just plug in the EHD and we continue watching our favorite shows. Ones we don't watch, still on the EHD get hauled home so can I plug that EHD back into the 722 and watch them at home.

Sorry about the confusion. I forget folks don't memorize my posts.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts