After Dish Referral--Getting PPV Coupons

Charise

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Arkansas
I referred my brother to Dish back in early-mid-December. I was in the mydish area, where I knew there was a page to "refer a friend" or something close to that. The only conditions listed on that page are that the referred party have Dish 31 days before you get the $5.00 off per month and the 5 PPV coupons.

When I go to the My Referrals page in the same area, it shows my brother's name and the date I referred him. Then at the bottom of the page, it again lists the condition for receiving the $5/month off and the PPV coupons--they have Dish for 31 days; no other conditions.

I "chatted" with a Dish rep a couple of days ago, and she just kept insisting that that I still had to wait 8-10 weeks "for processing" of the PPV coupons, even though the $5 off started with the next billing cycle. She finally sent me the link to the referral page that's not in the mydish area, where that is written.

I have a couple of questions: Has everyone else who made referrals had to wait 8-10 weeks? (I'm over 8 weeks already.); and why do you think Dish doesn't bother to put that very important information on the two pages in the mydish area, where I would think the most referrals would be made.

Thanks for your input. There's a show I'd like to use a coupon for now. Who knows if it will still be there (probably not) when I finally get the coupons. :(

Thanks, Scott. I just wish I'd known that from the outset. They just need to put that info on the other two pages. Too simple, I guess, but I'd never looked at the only page where it is noted.

I'd have made the referral anyway, but I wouldn't have wasted my time every few days looking to see if I had the coupons. :D

I have heard stories of the referrals being lost, if you don't see anything after about 3 or 4 months, I would contact Dish then. I also find that using the online chat or contacting a DIRT member on sites like this will get you better/faster results.

Chat wasn't extremely helpful, though she apparently finally got the right answer (after talking to a supervisor). She first told me all my coupons were all expired.

I dislike having to use DIRT members for something like this, but they are all terrific based on my past questions of them. I'll stick with them. This chat was quite long and frustrating, and I know she didn't bother to even read my responses showing that there is no time requirement other than the 31 days on the two pages I had used. I wasn't happy with her at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)