after market cable box?

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
This is from my sister. I have DTV so have no idea. Thanks for any help:

You know the digital cable box we have for the downstairs TV, can we buy one somewhere to hook up to a TV upstairs or do we have to rent through Comcast? I looked at Circuit City and the only thing I see there is for use with DirectTV.

To make a long story short (really long story - about 2 hours of my day today). We signed up to get our phone service through Comcast instead of that XXXXXX place, will save about $200 the first year (by cancelling Verizon) and it includes an upgrade for computer speed and we get 3 more premium channels added all for only $8 more than what we pay now a month for just the TV, HBO and computer. However they want $8.90 per month to rent another cable box.

Nope, your sister has no choice but to rent the box if she wants all of the channels (other than the analog ones). Comcast will not activate a cable box that is not owned by them.

And good luck with getting the cable cards to work with Tivo. I don't think Comcast has any interesting in getting them to. In my case 4 attempts failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)