After17 yrs of OTA I'm moving.

bassrow

Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
Northampton, MA
Reception at my future location looks practically absent. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. There's no cable service at the location either.
thanks
tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d5134ed99c61632

Wow! And I thought I had it bad. That was, only until KRDK came on the air.
FTA and netflix, Roku but you say "There's no cable service at the location either."" so is there 'decent' Internet service?? (1.5Mbs or greater?)
FTA may fill a void.

Reactions: navychop
One thing is it says "block level"
try doing a coordinate location and maybe that might help

-go to google maps and map your house
-zoom in on where the antenna might be
-right click and it says "whats here?"
-that will give you the exact coordinates to put in tvfool

And - of your antenna can be put at a decent height add that height to the info of your location. Even with a very good antenna set-up it looks like you wouldn't have reliable receptions for many stations. Very common North of Springfield with the hills.

And - of your antenna can be put at a decent height add that height to the info of your location. Even with a very good antenna set-up it looks like you wouldn't have reliable receptions for many stations. Very common North of Springfield with the hills.
I go between 22 and 28 feet.....I live maybe 15 feet above sea level so I have a huge disadvantage....In your case I'd go 25-30 feet....

he already posted 25 feet in the tvfool and that was his report

Just because something works fore YOU in swampland Louisiana...its not the same across the board. The Op's tvfool,is bad even at 50 feet.

Reactions: ejb1980
You might clarify that you are moving from the suburbs of Springfield to the country side of Hinsdale, NH. In Hinsdale you are in the Conneticut River Valley which is going to make reception hard. When I lived in Leyden, Ma. I was in a valley that a channel from Hartford, CN came in beautiful but none of the Springfield channels even with a tower came in.

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions.
I currently live at a hilltop looking south down the Ct River Valley, elevation is >450 feet. Reception is good.I have a glancing visual of Mt Tom where broadcast towers exist, Springfield MA is about 35 miles to the south and Hartford CT is further down the valley more or less unblocked.
As for the new location, ~ 25 miles further north, using good coordinates, (thanks Iceberg) TVFool still shows bleak prospects. I'll be in the river valley bottomland,at elevation about 200 - feet. Vt hills and mts to the west, NH hills and mts to the north and east and actually, smallish mountains and hills to the south, too. I will make a decision on going to Direct TV, with the new cell data plan, (cell coverage is good), or DSL ( supposed to be at least 6 - 12 mb depending on who I talk to at Frontier Communications) and Dish. I'll also check out FTA, whatever that is...

As for the new location, ~ 25 miles further north, using good coordinates, (thanks Iceberg) TVFool still shows bleak prospects. I'll be in the river valley bottomland,at elevation about 200 - feet. Vt hills and mts to the west, NH hills and mts to the north and east and actually, smallish mountains and hills to the south, too.
bummer :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)