Aggravating HD Tivo Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I looked, but found nothing on this issue. When I switch from a SD channel to any HD and then back to a SD channel they are gone, it say to call D Ext 721 or whatever to activate , now here is what I have to do to get these channels back. I have to unscrew one of my cables from either sat 1 or 2, then reconnect it back , I have to do this every time I go from a HD channel ( Not OTA though ) Just D's HD channels ( I know there's not many , lol ) Anyone know why this is ? Could it be my multswitch that all my cable run from ? I only have 1 HD tivo receiver and 2 SD Tivos and I don't have any problems with them. Also I have rebooted many time and this does nothing . Thanks for the help.

I do not have a solution for your main problem, but I do have some advice, be careful about (un)screwing the coax off/on without unplugging ALL receivers from their power outlets, as you can cause damage to the LNB(s) and maybe even your multiswitch or receiver.

I hope you find a solution for your main issue.

If I had to guess, it sounds like either a conversion issue, or a defective box or some native resolution setting not set right, just don't bet any money on my guesses, who knows, maybe call D* and ask them to rehit your card.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)