Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
:eek:

I was watching the History Channel, Modern Marvels, and caught something that just made me ill.

They were showing a wrecking ball smashing a building down and on top of the roof there was what appeared to be a 2-3 meter Channel Master or Primestar composite dish (the ones with the geometric webbing to the rear of the dish). I really could not tell how large the dish truly was, but it seemed larger than one meter. I could see the dish bouncing as they dropped the ball on the roof of the building and I just wanted to cry!

What a horrible shame that they didn't ask anyone to remove that dish before they demolished the building! There ought to be a society for the prevention of cruelty to dish antennas! What a waste. What a shame.

RADAR

I experienced something similar on the way to work today. There's a really nice looking 10 foot dish that I've been eyeballing for the longest time...Today it was ripped up from the ground, concret on the end of the post and all, just laying there in the front lawn. I was really tempted to stop and ask about it, but I would have been late for work. I'm hoping they don't demolish it.

Radar, sounds like it was probably a Channel Master 1.8M. Very nice dish. What a shame... And you can bet there was a really useful NPRM up there that it was mounted to as well.

Sometimes I think the dishes do get removed. I have been watching 2 dishes on top of a local Boston Market building roof. Both were at least 1.2m dishes. The store has been closed for 2+ years with a lease sign in the window and recently both commercial transmitting type dishes vanished completely, NPRMs and all. The building is on the lower mall access road below the hill the mall is on.

I'm thinking some of these setups are leased and when the time is up someone wants them back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.