Aiming BEV - New York

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just picked up a Fortec 33-in dish and dual LNB today so it sounds like I made the right choice. I plan to put it up tomorrow, so I hope it works for me as well as it does for you. Thanks for the update, buckspaul.

...you just have to take the time to aim the dish correctly and can be very frustating.
Yes it is, I keep locking into "Wrong satellite - 91". I can't seem to catch 82W, even on transponders 6 and 15 which are getting 45% signal on the old 20-inch dish, so I should at least be able to do better than that with this new 33-inch dish.

91 blasts in at 95% as the wrong satellite...I pull it west bit-by-bit but eventually it drops to zero and I don't cacth anything from 82. Any tips?

Last edited:
Ever since Nimiq 4 went in, my signal strength from 82 has gotten progressively worse and I've lose most of my HD channels and I can't seem to get them back. I do get signal on most transponders (albeit, not great levels - around 50), but I get no lock on transponders 1, 4, 9, 11, 13, 21, and 32. I tried fiddling with the dish today and I could not improve the signal I was getting from the transponders I have been receiving, and I certainly could not get a lock on those I was not.

I'm wondering if my LNBF is going bad. I just find it strange to just lose transponders.

If you get 91, you should pull the dish to the east to get 82.
Actually I tried pulling it both directions just to be sure, and also tried tweaking the elevation a bit. Should they both be at the same elevation?

I can't understand why I'm not able to get a lock on 82 at all with this 33" dish when I'm getting a 45% lock on the same transponders with the smaller 20" dish. Frustrating.

nimiq 4 are now 8psk! please be aware!

most of the 82W transponders are now running 8psk, regular 4100,5900,3100 can't decode 8psk. that's why these basic IRDs shows zero signal on their test screen. grab 6100 or birddog meter to help you out. you should try using your 33"fortec dish solely for 82w. and then keep your 20" dish for 91W:angel:

Last edited:
I'm using a 9241 HD PVR so should be able to see the 8PSK. I used a level to set the mast but I'll play a little more with the elevation this evening in case that's it, thanks.

OK I found it. I had to raise the elevation and go a little farther east. Now I'm pulling in anywhere from 72% on my best transponder (15) all the way down to 52% on my worst (9). Again, that's with a 33-inch (80cm) dish in the NYC metro, so I doubt anything smaller would work very well for HD around here any more.

Thanks to all who replied for the help.

Since I'm heading down that same route - is there any way to easily clamp a DPP single LNBF to a 33"+ Fortec or does one need to cut through the plastic enclosure?

I ask this because I have a DPP dual tuner setup (one-wire) and I don't believe I can use a regular legacy LNB on the 33" offset dish to plug that into the DPP twin LNBF I would have for 91?

Does that even make sense?

Something like this in this following image, where 110 is blocked, 119 = 91, and the 148 = 82. The DPP single LNBF for 82 would need to be Dish Pro in order for this to work, right - and not a legacy LNBF? My current setup is like this image except that there is no offset dish, and 110 = 82 and 119 = 91.

212793.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)