AirTV OTA Dual Tuner - AirTV Site Down?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Well, After not being able to record something while watching something else, or watching something else on one of my Joey's, I decided to bite the bullet and get the AirTV Dual Tuner.

Went to the AirTV site, got past the add to cart option, but when it goes to shipping options for the past 3 days all I get is 'The system is down". Can anyone check if they can get past this point, you don't actually have to buy anything.

AirTV still lists them at $29 but eBay has them at $49. Should I wait a bit and possibly call them during the week?

Thanks in advance.

Went to the AirTV site, got past the add to cart option, but when it goes to shipping options for the past 3 days all I get is 'The system is down". Can anyone check if they can get past this point, you don't actually have to buy anything.
Are you trying to get to this page?

airtv shipping page.gif

Hey, bookworm! If you can't get the AirTV site to work, then maybe I could order one and send it to you. I still have your address from when I sent you that 52.0 remote.
Thanks, it's late now and I have to get to bed to get up in the morning. I only tried from Firefox. I'll give it a try from Safari and/or Chrome tomorrow and see if it's just the browser. If I still can't get to it and you can, you've got a deal and I'll throw in a few McD's gift cards! ;)

Never mind. When I made the offer, I had only made it as far as the screen that TheKrell posted in post number 2. I hadn't entered any information since I was not trying to order one. I just tried it with Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, and it would not work with any of those browsers. I tried checking out as a guest, and I also created an account on the AirTV site, and neither of those methods would let me check out.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I just tried it with Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, and it would not work with any of those browsers.
When I ordered mine last seek, I struggled, too. I was using Chromebook. When I clicked the product at the bottom of the page nothing happened. Several days and unsuccessful attempts later, I switched to Windows 10 pc and used a different browser. it worked. Did u try calling them?

1-866-974-1354

Phone support is available 7:30 AM – 10 PM MT (7 days a week).

* Using Chromebook now. (Chrome browser). Same issue. Clicking the product on their web site with no avail. I use a lot of browser extensions. Maybe one of them is blocking the site.

When I ordered mine last seek, I struggled, too. I was using Chromebook. When I clicked the product at the bottom of the page nothing happened. Several days and unsuccessful attempts later, I switched to Windows 10 pc and used a different browser. it worked. Did u try calling them?

1-866-974-1354

Phone support is available 7:30 AM – 10 PM MT (7 days a week).

* Using Chromebook now. (Chrome browser). Same issue. Clicking the product on their web site with no avail. I use a lot of browser extensions. Maybe one of them is blocking the site.
Everybody, please do not waste your time calling that number. Close to 24 minutes on hold, and then all I could do was report the issue with their website to them. There is no way to actually order them over the phone. :(

Everybody, please do not waste your time calling that number. Close to 24 minutes on hold, and then all I could do was report the issue with their website to them. There is no way to actually order them over the phone. :(
Either lousy customer service or demand is overwhelming them. I must give them credit though. They shipped my adapter right away.

Reactions: navychop
So far, the lowest price I have found on Amazon (for the Dish-branded Lark adapter, not the AirTV version) is $41.99 for a used one.
Amazon product ASIN B087V5HJ6Z
The Lark adapter has the exact same internal components as the AirTV model, just in a different color case. So, this may be an option if you cannot find the AirTV one anywhere else for a lower price. I tried doing a search on Amazon for "airtv ota dual tuner adapter" and did not find any dual tuner ones listed, except ones that are bundled with an AirTV device.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Google has been experiencing outages affecting their various services including YouTube, Gmail, Google Docs, Maps, and other services. The AirTV problem may be related to it.

The Google outages started last night, this has been going on with AirTV for a week now.

crodrules Thanks, I just ordered it from Amazon. The cheapest on eBay was $45. Oh well. $20 bucks here, $20 bucks there!

Reactions: NYDutch
The Google outages started last night, this has been going on with AirTV for a week now.

crodrules Thanks, I just ordered it from Amazon. The cheapest on eBay was $45. Oh well. $20 bucks here, $20 bucks there!
Do I still get the McD's gift cards, as a research fee and a finder's fee? I spent 24 minutes on the phone before I could talk to someone at AirTV, and all they could do was tell me to look on Amazon. So, I did that.

You would think Air tv's warehouse shelves should be full of adapters. With all the network disputes taking place, many of us ready to jump to ota and tuners.
That may be why AirTV's shelves are empty. (If that is indeed what is going on.) All of the disputes are creating higher-than-normal demand. Lack of supply of OTA adapters may have contributed to Dish finally caving, and bringing back the Cox Media Group stations.

Reactions: sktrus
Do I still get the McD's gift cards, as a research fee and a finder's fee? I spent 24 minutes on the phone before I could talk to someone at AirTV, and all they could do was tell me to look on Amazon. So, I did that.
Yup, I'm a man of my word. PM me your address or email address. An Amazon card might be better for you for all the work you do for all of us! g

What u do is have yourself invited to Bookworm's house (a quick trip from Cleveland to Columbus) for Browns' playoff game! And, the beer is on the host!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)