Al Gore's "Current TV" Channel on Dish?

BFG said:
Dish carries the channel that started before Current, Free Speech TV. They're pretty much the same thing, expecpt Free Speech hasn't gone beyond a PI and doesn't have all the hype and support of having Al Gore as their chairman

Al Gore and Free Speech TV. Now there's a match made in heaven! Al could have a spot on the lesbian news hour. Would fit right in. :yes

Hey, how bout you take your bigoted views elsewhere? Last time I checked it wasn't illegal (yet) to be a lesbian or a liberal. But of course we all know LIBERALS HATE 'MURKIA!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

What is 'MURKIA? There is a lesbian news hour and a gay news hour, and since Gore is liberal and presumably "friendly" to gay rights, it makes since that he would fit right in.

Don't worry about it Hokie. The right wing is still trying to figure out if it is ok to vote for black people. It is not surprising to hear them belittle homosexuals or politicians with the guts to stand up for civil rights. All you can do is shake your head and know that in a few decades society will have moved so that the right will be where the left is today.

HokieEngineer said:
Hey, how bout you take your bigoted views elsewhere? Last time I checked it wasn't illegal (yet) to be a lesbian or a liberal. But of course we all know LIBERALS HATE 'MURKIA!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bigoted views? I am only stating the truth. (Something you lib's don't comprehend :no )

acoldstarnolds said:
When Dish adds that I go somewhere else. There are already enough shopping channels, and other crap using up bandwidth. How about getting us a full package of HD channels, including locals.

I agree... More good channel.. Did you know there is a channel out there called the horror channel I think.. Love scarey movies...

Harry said:
Bigoted views? I am only stating the truth. (Something you lib's don't comprehend :no )

Of COURSE bigots believe their bigotry to be based in truth. If they didn't, they would just be typcal conservatives, turning on their fellow Americans for political and finacial gain. No, bigots are the true believers, whose right wing hatred goes right to their very essence.

Putting it back on topic.. I'd like to see this channel carried on Dish. Heck, I love to turn on fox news sometimes just for laugh. Maybe some of you will turn on Currentv for a laugh :cool:

BFG said:
Are you sure Current tookover newsworld.

I thought D* just removed newsworld so they could carry current, I didn't think the 2 were related...

No, NWI signed off the last time at midnight the day Gore took over.

phil

I used to like nwi

Newsworld International, Channel 366
The alternative perspective in world television news 24 hours a day. Features reports from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's award-winning correspondents, plus feeds from major news services and unedited international newscasts.​

Are you saying that Al Gore took over a Canadian network? What whould make you say that, except for this press story that reads in part:
Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore is one of the new owners of 24-hour television channel Newsworld International.

Gore is buying the channel with entrepreneur Joel Hyatt, a former finance chairman for the Democratic National Committee.​

JL

HokieEngineer said:
Putting it back on topic.. I'd like to see this channel carried on Dish. Heck, I love to turn on fox news sometimes just for laugh. Maybe some of you will turn on Currentv for a laugh :cool:

We already have CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS for that. ;)

NightRyder

HokieEngineer said:
It is pretty funny. Gotta love that "fair and balanced" tagline. That would be like WWE calling itself a "sport". (Not so coincedentally, the same people who think Fox News is fair and balanced DO think WWE is a real sport.)

OTOH, this CurrenTV sounds pretty goofy, too. Not liberal goofy. Just plain goofy.

If they do add the channel I will ask for equal time (I'm sick of pol stuff).

It reminds me of Classic Arts ... a network that shows you short clips on various topics with no overreaching theme other than the theme of the network itself. On Classic Arts it is all art programming - on Current it is short newsish clips.

If they do add it, it should be placed up in the 9400's even if it isn't really added as a PI. It is that style of programming.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)