Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
From DIRECTV - Just passing it along. :) (Please let's not make it political) :D

Al Jazeera America has advised its broadcast partners that it has made a business decision to shut down operations as of Tuesday, April 12, 2016. AT&T DIRECTV will continue to carry channel 347 (in both SD and HD) until midnight of that date. Since the channel will be completely shutting down of its own accord, it will not be available on AT&T DIRECTV or any other providers after April 12. In preparation, we will be putting up a -1 channel in the Guide to alert customers.

The fact that it is complelty shutting down, while no surprise, still is odd. Any channel slot has SOME residual value, as a purchaser can replace it with ANYTHING, and some systems will still carry it.

They could also put on One America News Network. Which would be good since I could use my DVR on the channel plus the fact that I can only watch live content on that channel on my Roku (which sucks).

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It was a great channel IMHO, saw incredibly professional journalism the time I watched, it's a real shame that it is gone, I also wish they had replaced it with Al-jazeera English or CNN International.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts