Al Jazeera English

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
For fhose who miss AJE, I found this new way to watch it, not sure if it will work if you are in the US.

Ever since they launched Al Jazeera America, is not that easy to watch Al Jazeera English if you are in the US, still possible though if you look around for other websites streaming the live video feed.

Should work here in Canada as indicated above, have been able to load a couple of static images from the youtube link, just don't have bandwidth to actually play video where I live. Sooo much nicer on satellite!

Late last year my feed for Al Jazeera English disappeared. I finally got around to checking Galaxy 19 (what we used to call T5 at 97W) and it says scrambled. Is this correct? Is there another fee or a way to subscribe? Or have they disappeared from the arc completely? I enjoyed the channel enough to put it up on my private cable which I feed to my neighbors.

Thanks for reading
Talder

Yes, Al Jazeera English went scrambled in August 2013 when Al Jazeera America was launched (not the same thing).

It is still there on 97w Ku but scrambled. It was also on C band @58w but it also suffered the same fate, from that date the Al Jazeera English open signal was not available anymore in the Americas.

I understand Al Jazeera America is available for subscription in Canada, through Bell satellite service.

I have a BUD (on the left in photo) that can get 58W on west coast but no point in trying if all Al Jazeera feeds encrypted, which is a pity. So.. is there a marketing agent I can contact for subscription? If not, then any suggestions? I cruised G19 with my FTA receiver and it's dismal unless you speak something other than English... Or just cannot get enough of the1990's reruns of Doc Scott's preaching. Uh huh

You can install a free proxy like "Hola - Better Internet" as a plug-in for Chrome or Firefox. You can set it to another country and then watch AJ from the US. You can also, for example, set it to UK and watch UK Netflix.

Reactions: DJdish
Al Jazeera America Charged with Anti-Semitism, Gender Bias in Wrongful Termination Suit http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/al-jazeera-america-anti-semitism-gender-bias-lawsuit-1201483520/
A former Al Jazeera America employee has sued the news cabler for wrongful termination, claiming he was fired after complaining about anti-Semitic and sexist behavior by a senior executive.Matthew Luke filed suit Tuesday in New York Supreme Court, claiming that Al Jazeera America exec Osman Mahmud has expressed anti-Semitic statements and taken discriminatory actions against female employees. Luke’s suit claims that after he complained about Mahmud’s behavior to human resources in February, he was fired 10 days later.Luke had served as AJA’s supervisor of media and archive management since May 2013, before the news channel formally launched on what had been Current TV.The suit seeks $5 million in compensatory damages and another $10 million in punitive damages. Mahmud is named as a defendant along with AJA.AJA said it would not comment on pending litigation. But in a statement it added: “The company takes these matters seriously and will respond in the appropriate forum. Al Jazeera America’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is fundamental to its mission, and is boldly reflected throughout the company: in its staff, its leadership and its programming.”

I miss Al Jazeera English
Ghida-Fakhry.jpg

They're determined to keep AJ English out of the US. They also seemed determined to keep anyone from watching AJ America.

My replacements have been France24 via Chromecast & YouTube and NHK on the dish. I appreciate AJE's non-West perspective (albeit with some HUGE caveats), but these will do for International News for now.

So... first of all, THANKS for providing me with the info they would never tell you..
Now.. that feed at 131W on C band.. I need to know if that's FTA?

Also back in the old days there were 'fixes' for such things. Now I fought the good fight
when I built K-SAT in 1986 about piracy and would never advocate such. but where there is a will there is a way.. I prefer to use my reflector and not internet to get my news..

yours in C band..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)