Al Jazeera Is Now Scrambled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
watched aj today to see about Egypt. I am thinking that aj will stay on 97w because the international news will be totally different from the American news. the world doesn't care about politics in the usa and most americans don't care what happens in other countries. they have an opinion that if it isn't like what they do, it doesn't matter. hope I am not exaggerating that. charlie

Nice:
attachment.php

your link, tried @ U-tube also. same thing:
attachment.php

Yet their live stream @ Tube is working. :?
?

Attachments

• geoblocked.jpg
    geoblocked.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 329
  • geoblocked2.jpg
    geoblocked2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
45 million homes, but with viewership that was in the low 10s of thousands.

"None of this makes any sense unless you talk about it in the context of ego," -- Dave Marash, a former Al-Jazeera English reporter

Um, thank you Dave.

Again, I hope they fail big time. Al Jazeera English in HD is what I'd want if I had my druthers.

Heh...Al Gore 'invented' the Internet but couldn't run a network. Gotcha...

I feel sure we're about to lose it. When the scrambled version of AJE appeared on the same transponder, I thought it was probably an Al Jazeera America feed that had been mislabeled, but I've been thinking about it some more and I suspect it's probably a scrambled version of AJE.

I think they are transmitting both to give subscribers a chance to verify reception of the scrambled version before switching off the FTA feed. I know they are stopping distribution of AJE in the US, but that Galaxy 19 feed is probably still serving other customers, like perhaps cable companies in Canada or professional clients in the US, such as embassies and the State Dept.

I hope I'm wrong. We'll find out in the next few days I suppose.

I like how they are shutting it down right in the middle of something newsworthy. Great timing, Al Jaz.

My jimmies are beyond rustled.

Poof!

It's gone from Globecast. AJ English went crypto at 11:59 PM (and change) ET, during Business Latest. I saw it go.

Definitely went bye-bye on 97W as we suspected. It has also been pulled from streaming on the website for U.S. viewers. How about the C-band broadcast -- any reports?

I'll move my fixed dish back over to 58 tomorrow and find out if its there! Why couldn't they scramble that stupid RT channel instead, lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)