Alaska, What can I receive on C Band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
N

norman

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 22, 2005
78
1
What ,if any, signals can I receive on C-band?
Norman
 
T

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
2,321
3
Montreal, QC
If I am not mistaken, you should get all the 4dtv feeds, if not most of them, though a 12' or 14.5 would be a good choice dish size.
 
N

norman

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 22, 2005
78
1
tdti1 said:
If I am not mistaken, you should get all the 4dtv feeds, if not most of them, though a 12' or 14.5 would be a good choice dish size.

What about just old ANALOG?
Norman
 
T

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
2,321
3
Montreal, QC
norman said:
What about just old ANALOG?
Norman

Analog programming is leaving practicaly monthly, I do not think it would be worth it at all to put up a system just for analog wildfeeds and subs.
 
Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 18, 2004
4,369
506
The Boilermaker State (#19)
tdti1 said:
Analog programming is leaving practicaly monthly, I do not think it would be worth it at all to put up a system just for analog wildfeeds and subs.


Ah ha, my friend, you are sadly mistaken. There is plenty of free analog programing left depending what you want to watch. If you are a college sports fan it is a must on a fall Saturday afternoon. MLB teams are using analog on a regular basis more this season since the 80s. Plenty of regular programing on the wild feeds. I have the FTA set up, but I will take the BUD and analog over it anytime.
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
372
103
Mankato, MN
I wish I had a motor on my 6 foot BUD....I got it for the networks on G4 and right now I "ghetto move" the dish to IA6, G3, IA5 for the wild feeds :)

The only drawback may be your location. I punched in Anchoarge and G10 (123W) is at 17.2 degrees. Once you get to 103 (AMC1) you're down to 10 degrees
 
T

tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 23, 2004
2,321
3
Montreal, QC
Diamond Jim said:
Ah ha, my friend, you are sadly mistaken. There is plenty of free analog programing left depending what you want to watch. If you are a college sports fan it is a must on a fall Saturday afternoon. MLB teams are using analog on a regular basis more this season since the 80s. Plenty of regular programing on the wild feeds. I have the FTA set up, but I will take the BUD and analog over it anytime.


Yes there are still analog feeds at the moment, and the wild feeds will most likely stay much longer than the subscription feeds, though if you are not a sports fan then there is not really that many feeds up there like there once was years ago.
 
rainmaker

rainmaker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
296
0
Louisa KY
watched fatal instinct movie on IA6 channel 24 the other night so there is still some wild feeds mostly on the weekends.:)
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Similar threads

N
Replies
3
Views
1K
M
RickFTA
Replies
2
Views
1K
RickFTA
RickFTA
8
Replies
14
Views
3K
truckracer
truckracer
E
Replies
11
Views
3K
Greg Mueller
Greg Mueller
K
Replies
1
Views
1K
tdti1
T
Top