This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Alexa unable to Link Hopper3

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I have not been able to link either of my two Hopper3 receivers to Alexa. I have tested this using the Amazon Alexa app on my IPhone6, IPAD, and my Amazon Fire HD.

1) I select Dish from the Music, Video, and Books tab in Alexa.
2) I enable the skill and receive the pop up window asking for the activation code.
3) I select Amazon Alexa from the Hopper3 menu and select get code.
4) I input the code and receive the message on my TV that my Dish and Amazon accounts have been linked.
5) I hit next on my IPhone and get the message that Dish TV has been successfully linked.
6) I click manage and link devices and receive a message Sorry we could not find any devices to link.
7) When I click the Discover Devices link I get the message There was an error discovering your devices.

I know that both Hopper3 receivers are connected to the internet because Dish Anywhere is able to connect and play content.

I am using a fixed IP address for both Hopper3 receivers and UPnP is enabled in my Netgear router. Also my router logs do not show any firewall blocks.

I talked to Dish networking support and he said that he had encountered a similar issue last week. He will escalate the problem to their engineering group. He offered specialized technical assistance if I would pay an additional $2 per month. I declined the additional cost since I already pay for the protection plan.

I can live without Alexa especially since I bought 2 of the new 54 remotes. I actually like the new 54 remote particularly the backlight. The voice also works well.

Try logging out of the Alexa app and starting over, I just read about this on the tech portal and that’s how the tech fixed it

I’ve never heard of “specialized technical assistance” for $2/month.

Reactions: pattykay
Try logging out of the Alexa app and starting over, I just read about this on the tech portal and that’s how the tech fixed it

I have tried logging out and logging back into the Alexa app. That did not work. I even tried deleting the Alexa app and reinstalling the Alexa app. That also failed.

The Alexa App worked with my 2 original Hopper3 receivers. Both of my Hopper3 receivers were replaced by Dish due to MOCA problems. I tend to believe that Amazon or Dish probably has a database that contains the receiver info from my original 2 Hopper3 receivers. That is my guess of what is wrong. I did go into the Alexa App under Smart Home and deleted the Hopper3 receivers that were showing up but that still did not fix the problem.